Battle Cry» Forums » Rules

Subject: Infantry on hill? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cris silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
One Infantry unit on a hill hex can fire at a enemy infantry unit wich is adjacent with normal dice (4)? and if the enemy infantry unit attack would be roll only 3 dice? and if the 2 units are in the hill? both the units would roll 3 dice because the -1 dice protection on the hill?

And if we have this: One Infantry unit on a hill hex, other adjacent hill hex with no units and a enemy infantry unit on a hill hex. Like a Platou effect , in memoir 44. Can i have a Los and fire with 3 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DeP
United States
flag msg tools
Even Geeks Like Concerts - Right? TicketsByTrent.com - For Tricks & Tips Other Brokers Don't Want You To Know !!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the units are on adjacent hills, there should be zero dice adjustment. The -1 dice against a unit on the hill is of course derived from the hill being an advantage - but only over those below...

And yes - Infantry on hill, adjacent empty hill, and the next hex is an enemy on the hill, three dice - there are no adjustments other than distance - LOS is fine, and no adjustments for terrain ( see above ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hill hexes in BattleCry don't plateau. The rules on page 8 of the Avalon Hill (2000) version state that the -1 battle dice modifier still applies, even if the enemy unit is on an adjacent Hill hex. I'm pretty sure they work the same way in the newer 150th Anniversary Edition. I'll double check those rules later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct - no plateau effect with the hills. Just a silly unchanged rule from the original versions. I would now suggest that they act just like the hills in the C&C series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I find this one of the charms of BattleCry. Nothing silly about it, IMO. Not all hills are bare and plateau at the top!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cris silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
but with the new faq the plateau effect is on bc too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.