Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Schisler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Now an adult with a son, I'd like to start playing this game and just poking around looking for ANY fan created material for this game...Quests, rules variations, etc.

Anyone have anything like that? I know GW put the brakes on any fan "fun" but I thought I'd give it a shot and ask on here. Geek mail me if you do!

~John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fan stuff that wasn't removed because Games Workshop hates its fans and likes to litigate - would likely have been removed by fans who are now no longer fans.

There are likely places you could find it, but I won't publically post any suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick google is likely your friend.

I've been working on balance tweaking the game as you can see here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/651794/fixing-the-rules

As to John's complaint, yeah, GW is currently owned by businessmen who don't understand their market, who employ lawyers who understand the market even less. However, they also have a great many passionate fans who don't realise that the letter of the law is in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, try the forum oldscratch.smackwell.com . It's full of home made HeroQuest stuff. But the language is sometimes not for kids ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a big packet of houseruled campaign stuff I can give you.
I didn't make it, but I saved it from the Great Purge.

GM me your regular email and I can send it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
Hi, try the forum oldscratch.smackwell.com . It's full of home made HeroQuest stuff. But the language is sometimes not for kids ...

To adult for kids.
Too juvenile for adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Andres
Spain
flag msg tools
About Advanced Heroquest,
hello I am a fan of this game and I am looking for additional stuff to play with.
Any nw material woould be very appreciated.
Greetings from spain
my mail is
candres@omp.upv.es
Best
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.