Popular Tags: [View All]
Angel Marina Haya
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Anyone knows if the game goes on, any design advance, and for when it is thought it can be edited?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
temporarily Arlington VA
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have specific details and don't know when it will be out, but it is definitely making progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WW that's helpful and not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
temporarily Arlington VA
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:
WW that's helpful and not.

I know! It's definitely a live project, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
We are still short of the numbers needed to produce it. I'll put up the latest numbers shortly.

When we produce WiF: the collector's edition we intend for it to include maps that are also designed for Fatal Alliances III which will make the cost of Fatal Alliances itself less which gives us the latitude to go to print with it before it reaches the full thousand.

regards
harry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral Lutjens
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
I'm excited about FA3 I have to admit. I hope it gets enough orders soon.
I've long wanted a decent strategic level game of WW1 and FA2 was the only thing even close that I've found.
I played FA2 a few times and found the following frustrating;
- Squadrons of dreadnoughts - would much rather single ships
- Confusion re morale - still not sure if Britain would surrender with a total collapse in morale unless you landed a unit on the coast!
- Huge stacks of counters in Northern France. So I drew up an super-large hex mini-map of Northern France, then had a second thought and added Northern Italy too. It made the game much more playable. I suspect I'll be doing the same thing here.
- The 'half hexes' rule. Once I got my mini-map going it was OK, but without that it was impossible to work out what was going on.

I note that FA3 will resolve some of these issues which I think is great.

I'll be interested to know how they're going to handle the Pacific, whether or not maps the same size as WiF will be included , and how Africa will be done. After all Germany had a few African colonies but also some in the Pacific - although they had little impact on the outcome.

WW1 is BORING
Some people may think the above statement is true. And certainly if you played a game that went exactly the same way as history then it probably would be boring! But then again thats why we play wargames - not to replay history but to examine what might have happened. So what I'm trying to say is that I hope that people do not discount this game because its WW1. The potential is huge, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now being handled by compass games:

http://compassgames.com/index.php/preorders/fatal-alliances-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.