$10.00
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure the answer to the above question is yes, but I wanted to make certain and to have the answer up here for anyone else who might wonder. For the Secret Objectives which say "I control Mecatol Rex, I have a Space Dock here, . . . ". The Saar Space Docks are never on any planet, but would still count for completing these objectives, right? For that matter, you only have to control Mecatol Rex, the planet, not the system, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. None of the secret objectives require you to actually control the system, although some you will control it by having dreadnaughts or 8 ships there. The space dock doesn't need to be attached to the planet to score the objectives, just "here" as in "present"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Horrid Beast wrote:
I thought space docks were in space anyway??? Does that mean when you build you must have it linked to a certain planet in a system in order to understand how many units you can build? We have been allowing players to build the total amount of resources of the entire system plus two...

Docks are kind of "in space", but except for the Saar they are always associated with a single planet. Each planet can have one Dock, and if you want to build a lot of units at a multi-planet system, you need to have one at each planet; otherwise, you only get the resources+2 for the one specific planet it's on.

If you do have a dock on each planet, though, you get the resources+2 for each planet individually.

The "kind of in space" bit refers to the fact that if the planet is under blockade, you cannot build new space docks, and existing space docks cannot build new ships (although they can still build ground-based units like Ground Forces, Mechanized Units, and PDS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.