Paydirt» Forums » General

Subject: 1973 Pay Dirt Season rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nino Cubano
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hey folks, just picked up the Game with the 1973 season. Not to sure about taking this on in a solitaire version. My idea is to play the Offense for both teams and to take a look at some of the solitaire versions out there and let that be the defense.

Not interested in reproducing the 1973 season, so I created 4 divisions and geographically located the teams (sort of). What can I say, this league is trying to save money in travel expenses. Gonna play a 12 game season to see how much I like this game. I've been a big fan of Statis Pro Football so much, that I created my own solitaire version of defensive play calling. I hope I enjoy this game as much as Statis Pro. Boardgames Rule!!! Roll those Dice!!! Flip those FAC's!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Cubano
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Played the first game tonight. Baltimore Colts vs Chicago Bears. In a game that went back and forth, the Colts beat out the Bears 17 to 16. Considering that these teams went 4-10 and 3-11, I was surprised at how close the game ended up. The Colts actually missed a FG from the 9 yard line. Next up are the Jets vs Giants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Cubano
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Game 2. Giants @ Jets: The game started out with both teams getting intercepted inside their opponents 10 yard line after long drives, the Jets twice in the first half. The Giants led at the half 7-0. In the second half the Jets abandoned their passing game and stuck to their ground game, scoring 14 points in the 3rd quarter. The giants Field Goal Kicker decided to take the day off by missing three field goals on the day. In the 4th Quarter with 20 seconds left in the game the
Giants tied the score on an 11 yard pass, taking the game into Overtime. In Overtime the Jets were forced to punt on their first possesion, only to have the Giants cough the ball up when they fielded the punt. The Jets recovered the ball on the Giants 33 yard line. 5 plays later the Jets kicked a 16 yard field goal to win the game in overtime 17-14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Cubano
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Game 3: Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh. This game was never really close the Steelers jumped ahead early in the 1st quarter 7-0. The Eagles were able to kick 2 FG's in the 2nd quarter, but Pittsburgh quickly put up 2 TD's to go ahead 21-6 at the half. The second half was uneventful, in the 4th quarter Pittsburgh scored their 4th TD and went on to win 28-6. Both teams turned the ball over several times, Phil had 3 interceptions and Pitt turned it over 4 times.

After week 1 here are the standings:
Colts 1-0
Jets 1-0
Steelers 1-0
Redskins 0-0
Bears 0-1
Giants 0-1
Eagles 0-1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Cubano
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Game 4: Jets (1-0) at Colts (1-0). The Jets jumped ahead of the Colts due to turnovers and a blocked punt, 13-0 at the half. The second half was one of turnovers for the Jets (fumble/interception) and their own blocked punt. However the Jets ground game could not be stopped, they gained 222 yards on the ground behind Emerson Boozer 20-100-1. In the 4th Marty Domres threw an interception that would eventually end the game for the Colts. Jets won 26-13 and brought their record 2-0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Moore
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
Where did you find the 1973 season? I did not know that one was ever produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pisarz, Jr.
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your understanding is correct. The '73 season was never released. The OP must be referencing the '72 season that was released in '73.

I do know that Dr. Nicely did design a subset of teams for the '73-'75 seasons but they were never published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the solitare Defensive chart(put out sometime ago),I also made a solitare Offensive chart;now I can play the team I want against any other team using the solitare Off. & Def. Charts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.