Martijn van Baal
Netherlands
Arnhem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got to the last event in Isengard which would lead to defeat. So can we use the Gandalf card 'Magic' or Sam's extra character card to ignore the event (even there's a big Eye on it)?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's any rule against that, unless I'm forgetting something. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Remember you can only use each of those cards once. It's part of the challenge of the game that you can use up resources early on to keep the game on track and then find that you're screwed later on when you don't have those resources!

It's also possible that no-one will have the 5 shields to call Gandalf at that point (though there's another card that allows one player to give shields to another -- but then that card would be used up too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mb
Agree with Mark. You can ignore the Event but the Scenario is finished nevertheless, so you don't get to do any action and continue to the next scenario instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, thanks Pedro! I forgot to mention that: even if you use a card to ignore the actual Event, you're still at the bottom of the Event track, so the scenario still ends there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.