Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Linsey
United States
East Greenbush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Units A and B attack Unit C. The first attack, from Unit A, causes a retreat. Does Unit C retreat before Unit B can attack, possibly weakening or preventing the second attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Nemo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce Linsey wrote:
Units A and B attack Unit C. The first attack, from Unit A, causes a retreat. Does Unit C retreat before Unit B can attack, possibly weakening or preventing the second attack?

I believe that is the case, yes. I've always played that all attacks are resolved before retreats, but that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce Linsey wrote:

Yes. To be precise, units never attack actually together, so the actual sequence is this: (assuming Unit A and Unit B have already been ordered by a suitable card) 1) Unit A attacks Unit C and rolls a flag 2) Unit C retreats. 3) Unit B now attacks Unit C or some other unit, say Unit D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is possible that a retreat makes it impossible for a unit that thought it would get a chance to attack to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Cooper
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
That is correct. This makes you plan your attacks carefully and consider if the 2nd attacker will still have a line of sight if the 1st attacker forces the defender to retreat first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Linsey
United States
East Greenbush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. That's how we played it, but I wanted to make sure we had it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.