Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:
I finalized a PDF file with all the custom content of the Supply Threat:
The Silken Threads Supply

I created also an Artscow Album, but be aware on legal issues with FFG!
Artscow - The Silken Threads

Intro:
To finalize my The Silken Threads Campaign I want to bring here together all relevant special monsters and relics/rewards and new content that I want to add to the package! Enjoy!

(map made by JohnMill)

Vassal Files for PBF moderation:
I intent to somehow put them together in 1 file, as soon it is finished I will add the filelink.

(You have to go to the custom map section.)

Desenct Vassal Module:
http://mob0.com/Descent_2nd_Edition_v1.0.vmod
Using Vassal version:
http://www.vassalengine.org/news/VASSAL-3.2.0-beta4-Released

The final Rar:
The-Silken-Threads-Complete Vassal Files.rar

All Questrewards - Overlord Cards

All Questrewards - Hero-Cards

(You may exceed your supply of villager tokens - use some other tokens as stand-ins.)

All Questrewards - Relics

Custom - Heroes

Custom - Classes

The Graverobber! - Scout

The Spellthief! - Mage

The Inquisitor - Healer

Mark token:

The Outlaw - Warrior

Fury Token:

Fury Rules: Fury is not limited in Quantity, but at the end of each encounter and quest all remaining fury is discarded.

The Amplifier - Overlord

Custom - Monster - The Menagerie!
1x1

2x1

2x2

Custom - Shopitems - Act I

Custom - Shopitems - Act II

Custom - Lieutenants - Act 1

Custom - Lieutenants - Act 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Custom Heroes
Morthai wrote:

Gesa the Ethertracker

Hero Ability:
You may trace line-of-sight for your attacks along any path, but the attack requires range equal to the number of spaces you trace through.

Heroic Feat:
Perform an attack against a wounded monster, this attack doesn't require any range rolled and only misses on a X.

Does her hero ability mean that she can trace Lines of Sight which are not straight lines, or that she can ignore anything which would otherwise block a (straight) Line of Sight?

I'm guessing it's the former, but I could see some people taking it as the latter (basically Truthseer Kel with the ability to shoot through doors and walls.)

Morthai wrote:

Raduin the Wraith

Hero Ability:
Whenever you suffer fatigue, you recieve 2 movement points instead of 1.

Heroic Feat:
Action: Perform 2 movement actions, you may move through spaces/figures as you would have fly.

This guy looks cool. Black defense die naturally might be a touch OP, but I'd play him a few times before changing it to see.

For his heroic feat, you might want to just say "Move up to twice your speed. You may ignore figures and terrain while moving, but must end in an empty space."

Using the term "move action" leaves this heroic ability vulnerable to OL effects that trigger on a "move action." (Perhaps that was done on purpose?)

It also raises questions like "if your OL card ends my move action, but I have 2 move actions, can I still keep using the second?" The FAQ says that if a hero interrupts his first Move to do a second Move and then the OL "ends his Move action" in the middle of #2, then both Moves are effectively stopped. So, does this ability count as activating both Moves at once and therefore the OL can shut them both down with one card, or does it count as 2 sequential actions where the second doesn't begin until the first is complete?

Also, the "Fly" ability is only defined in the CK, so people without that may not know what that means, rules-wise. It may be wiser to simply define an ability with the same effects as Fly, like how FFG did Zyla's hero ability.

Morthai wrote:

Kisena

Hero Ability:
When Kisena performs a Rest action, all adjacent heroes recover 1 wound and 1 fatigue.

Heroic Feat:
Use when Kisena kills a monster to choose 1 adjacent hero, that hero recovers all wounds.

This one looks pretty cool all around.

Morthai wrote:

Ilena

Hero Ability:
You gain Pierce 2 when making a ranged attack on a monster at least 4 spaces away from you.

Heroic Feat:
Action: Use during to your turn to move all monsters within 3 spaces 3 spaces towards you and then move them 3 spaces away from you.

Heroic Feat is a little weird, but I can see how it would have some tactical applications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Heroes
Gesa: the first. tracing LOS without straight lines.

Randuin: thank for the feat advice. there are in the CK 2 heroes with a black die already just pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Silken Threads Supply - Maps / Lieutenants / Relics + new Heroes / SKills / Items!
Updated OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Silken Threads Supply - Maps / Lieutenants / Relics + new Heroes / SKills / Items!
Morthai wrote:
Vassal Files for PBF moderation:
I intent to somehow put them together in 1 file, as soon it is finished I will add the filelink.

(You have to go to the custom map section.)

You should probably specify the Vassal version used, as well as the Descent VMOD (there seem to be 2 or 3 out there for D2E).

You should be able to bundle the VSAV files into one ZIP & distribute as one file. I've been able to open a save from within a ZIP by right-clicking & choosing Open to drill down into the file to select the VSAV.

I think it makes more sense to save the campaign(s) separate from the module. As more campaigns and/or variants are created, the VMOD could end up growing to astronomical proportions. Just loading the bits you want, as you need them, would seem to make more sense. Of course I'm new to Vassal, so I could be mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Triu wrote:

You should probably specify the Vassal version used, as well as the Descent VMOD (there seem to be 2 or 3 out there for D2E).

You should be able to bundle the VSAV files into one ZIP & distribute as one file. I've been able to open a save from within a ZIP by right-clicking & choosing Open to drill down into the file to select the VSAV.

I think it makes more sense to save the campaign(s) separate from the module. As more campaigns and/or variants are created, the VMOD could end up growing to astronomical proportions. Just loading the bits you want, as you need them, would seem to make more sense. Of course I'm new to Vassal, so I could be mistaken.

Desenct Vassal Module:
http://mob0.com/Descent_2nd_Edition_v1.0.vmod
Using Vassal version:
http://www.vassalengine.org/news/VASSAL-3.2.0-beta4-Released

The final Rar:
The-Silken-Threads-Complete Vassal Files.rar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a quick correction. On the Glaive it should be "Disease" and on Brand Pain it should be "Poison".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated OP

Heroes, the Graverobber, the Spellthief, the Inquisitor and the Outlaw joined the ranks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Goeminne
South Africa
Polokwane
Limpopo
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am so jealous - where are all the templates you are using!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Igthorn wrote:
I am so jealous - where are all the templates you are using!?

Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was so gracious to supply me templates.

Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmb
painted the overland map.

clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
done the relic standins.

I setted up a template for the questlog.

fyi: Original Post updated - Lot of class-skill changes and other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely the short bow should be 2 handed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bielie wrote:
Surely the short bow should be 2 handed?

No it is intended that the outlaw has short sword and short bow both equipped. Imagine that he is fast enough to store his sword, use his bow, and ready the sword again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing the Legolas thing ...

I had the same thought. I'd have gone with sling or javelins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Triu wrote:
Doing the Legolas thing ...

I had the same thought. I'd have gone with sling or javelins.

the problem with javelins or slings is that i would need to totally redesign half of the skills of the outlander which refers to bows.. =(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated the Graverobber and the Outlaw again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flux Cobalt
msg tools
Are you going to put any of this stuff on Artscow.com?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wynand Louw
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flux Cobalt wrote:

PLEEZ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flux Cobalt wrote:

As soon i finished all lieutenants and relics probably

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Luis Villarig
Spain
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I am a little worried with the new cards of the following:

-Combos that make a scennario unwinnable by some side with no possible intervention of the other side.

-Combos that allow to make any time you want something that shouldn't be possible with no cost at all, with no dice rolled.

Have you checked about that possibilities? I am interested specially in relation with your campaign.

Also I am a little worried with the graverobber basic ability: If you get money for each monster killed, in some scenarios it could really be bad for the dungeon master to have some monsters on the map specially in regards to reinforcement. If the dungeon master has almost no possibility to win in some conditions, the heroes could just wait at he monster entrance so every turn the master puts a reinforcement, the grave robber kills it and so they accumulate an absurd amount of money (100.000 gold, for example) just by the method of waiting. Of course that would require maybe a life of playing but it would be theorically possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reinforcements are 100% of time optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck McGerty
msg tools
are you going to drop this all into one file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally the last missing piece arrived, and thanks to
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and
Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can finally finish my supply-Threat with the Relics in the correct appearance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck McGerty
msg tools
Any status on Artcow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the errors out of my supply PDF:
The Silken Threads Supply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dedlin wrote:
Any status on Artcow?

I created an Album, but be aware on legal issues with FFG!

Artscow - The Silken Threads

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.