Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading this thread and seeing this picture made me thought about doing something like this, in order to better explain the victory condition to new players. And searching for similar symbols I realized that the game figures on medals would work fine!

First, gold medals are given to the player having the most figures in each cathegory. If gold medals do not give a victor, then silver medals are given to players having the most of the two cathegories left. And if silver medals are not decisive, a single bronze medal is given to the player having the most figures.

You can print the whole medals above, but I cut the inner part only and placed it inside wooden checkers pieces I found. Next time I introduce the game, explaining it, and resolving the end of the game, should be much clearer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea and good job on the graphics!

But -as in bronze- also a single silver medal is given, right?
In that case, to see 3 silver medals available, will still confuse first time players. cry

happy games! this is one of my fav games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fmoros wrote:
But -as in bronze- also a single silver medal is given, right?
In that case, to see 3 silver medals available, will still confuse first time players. cry
Yes and no...

Those having a gold medal qualify for 'their' silver one (I couldn't make a generic double symbol), but only the player having the most will get it. I made them in case there is still a draw for silver, in that case each player gets 'his' silver one and then there is only one in bronze.

It could be that there is a draw for bronze too, but in that case I don't give the bronze one and stop at silver: both players have one gold and one silver and there is a draw, period!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why the winning conditons are so difficult as stated.

You get 1 point if you dominate a token. If you dominate 2 tokens, you get 2 points and you are guaranteed to win. If two or more people are tied with 1 point, each removes the token they dominated and counts their remaining tokens. If still tied, count total tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I don't understand why the winning conditons are so difficult as stated.

Who said they are so dificult?
I just find they are easier with the medals, that's all.
Specially for non-gamers used to "whoever has more points wins"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaving Geek
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's very helpful for people who like visualizations (like me!) I think it will make explaining the game easier...I'll print a copy later today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.