Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elefun is a 1-2 player game for ages 3+. The object of the game is to collect as many butterflies in your net before they fall to the ground. The game is really just a fan that blows 31 butterflies out of a long plastic trunk up into the air.

Is this game good? Well that depends. If you’re a parent with kids, and you want to keep them occupied this game is great. You can go do your own thing while your kids try to catch the butterflies. It is easy enough that they can learn to switch it off and on has needed to refill the butterflies. There is a small hole at the bottom of the tube so kids can easily refill the butterflies themselves. My four year old loves it, my two year old tries to get in on the action, and my six year old will play this by him self, trying to beat his last score. This game is good for kids as it is one they can play themselves without adult supervision and they have a ton of fun with it. I am not sure when kids would start to no longer enjoy this game. I would guess at 8 or 9 it would become something they just would not have an interest in but I have to wait until my kids are that age before I can confirm this.

If you are a parent wanting a game to play with your kids then I don't recommend this game. I think there are many better choices of games for parents and children to play together. I have no intention of playing this game myself.

Some negatives of the game are 4 C batteries are required and need to be purchased separately. This is not a game for older kids or adults and it only comes with two nets for two players.

Some positives are this game will occupy young kids, and you can increase the number of players by making a trip to your local dollar store for more butterfly nets. The only reason it is a 1-2 player game is that is the number of nets that come with the game.

Do I recommend it? If you are an adult that needs a game to occupy young kids then I highly recommend this game. If you are an adult who wants to play the game with your kids then not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two year old is in love with the Elephant. He carries him around the house everywhere and just lies on the floor watching him blow butterflies, or just whirring.

First thing he asks for every day is his elephant.

His came wiht four nets too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.