Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Deerfield Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the expansion today.

Let's say you deliver a good and then take the final cube from a column to be placed at the destination city(it is always placed on the destination city, correct?). In order for a good to be produced for that column again, you would need to either deliver the good from that destination city or to the destination city and then you would instantly put a good in that column, but not on the city, correct? Then, in order for that good to go onto a city, you'd have to deliver to or from that city, and then it becomes a choice to be placed onto the board on the destination city?

I just want to make sure I have that right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
The following is from memory -- I don't have my original rules to hand.

shadow9d9 wrote:
Let's say you deliver a good and then take the final cube from a column to be placed at the destination city(it is always placed on the destination city, correct?).

No. The rule:

When a goods cube is delivered, the player who delivered that cube
immediately takes a goods cube from the top of the production chart
column of the originating or destination city, placing the cube
directly on that city. The newly-placed cube is immediately available
for delivery.

The new cube may be placed on the source or destination city. The cube is taken from the production track for that city.

Quote:
In order for a good to be produced for that column again, you would
need to either deliver the good from that destination city or to the
destination city and then you would instantly put a good in that
column, but not on the city, correct?

No. The production chart starts with all cells filled. The rule:

Fill the production chart with goods cubes and place any remaining
cubes in a cup.

The rule for replenishment:

If there are no more cubes on the production chart for the city the
player elects to produce from, then a random cube is drawn from the cup
and placed on that city’s column in the production chart; in this case
no cube is placed on the map.

Thus for example a player delivers a cube from A->B. The production track for B is empty and the player (for whatever reason) selects B instead of A. The player thus draws a random cube and places it at the top of B's production track.

Quote:
Then, in order for that good to go onto a city, you'd have to deliver to or from that city..

Correct.

Quote:
...and then it becomes a choice to be placed onto the board on the
destination city?

No. The choice is which end of the delivery to produce for. Once the city is chosen, it gets the top cube from that city's production track, or if the track is empty, a random cube is placed at the top of that city's track. Once a cube is on a given city's track, it can only be placed on that city.

Quote:
Also, if you don't mind JC, what is your opinion of Ted Alspach's production action alternative for reduced luck?

Excessively rich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.