Sascha Bötzel
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the park state:
"When a player adds the park to their estate, it can function as any building."

What we like to know is:
Does this apply only to buildings already existing in the player's estate (like the goats) or can you use the park as any building in the game whether its on your board or not.

Thanks

Sascha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fafnir,

we used it as any building in the game of players choice. Actually that was quite clear for us since there is no such restriction in the rules that the function would be limited to the buildings already in the estate. In addition, any other understanding would not make any sense, e. g. in case the park would be the first building in your estate. Its a Joker-building!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume you can't copy another building already present in the same region, as the regular rules say. Unless it says otherwise in the specific rules of this expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ken. The park can be any building but must still abide by the rule that states that only one building type per city area on your estate unless you have the knowledge tile that allows you to disregard this rule already placed on your estate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
I agree with Ken. The park can be any building but must still abide by the rule that states that only one building type per city area on your estate unless you have the knowledge tile that allows you to disregard this rule already placed on your estate.

I disagree. It is certainly a matter of taste to some extent, but since the rules do not state this exception, we do not apply it. The park remains a different type of building, even if it assumes the same function as a building already placed.

When we started our first play with the mini-expansion yesterday evening I thought the park and the goates might be overpowered, but this seems not to be the case, since my gf got them both and lost anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flott wrote:
Robman wrote:

I disagree. It is certainly a matter of taste to some extent, but since the rules do not state this exception, we do not apply it. The park remains a different type of building, even if it assumes the same function as a building already placed.

When we started our first play with the mini-expansion yesterday evening I thought the park and the goates might be overpowered, but this seems not to be the case, since my gf got them both and lost anyway. :D

You have a valid point too. I'm curious to know the official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Feld
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hi,

you can use the park as any building you want. You can also choose a function of a building, that is in the same region.

Greetings Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan Feld wrote:
Hi,

you can use the park as any building you want. You can also choose a function of a building, that is in the same region.

Greetings Stefan

Thanks for the official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.