Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Nobbe genannt Kemper
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmb
i know i have to play a place card as the first card in a row.
and it seems like i may play more place cards after the first one in the same row.
however:

1) can i only play ghosts onto the last played place (and playing another place card then "covers" and seals the last place card)?

OR

2) do all places simply add up in ghost space and i can thus play a number of ghosts up to the total space of all place cards in the same row?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each place has its own allocation of ghosts - they don't stack, but neither do new rooms require that you get rid of old ghosts.

An example: I have an apparition which can contain 4 ghosts. I have 2 ghosts on it, and then place a new apparition on top which can contain 2 ghosts. The 2 old ghosts don't count toward the new total, but neither do the old remaining spots contribute to the new card. The new limit is 2, as per the highest apparition in the stack.

Basically, every time you place a new apparition, just ignore all the cards beneath it, except the number in the top left and the colours of the cards involved.

edit: basically your option 1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Nobbe genannt Kemper
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmb
thank you very much!

my confusion is caused by the term "apparition", i guess.
i thought that an apparition is the place in front of a zone card where you place cards, namely places and ghosts. and that there can be more than one place in one of these apparitions. the rules show this terminology on page 60 - "playing area".

you use the term now as if each place automatically creates a new apparition. is there any proof for your reading in the rules or do you know the designer or else?

all the best and thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding of reading the (English) rules, Destroyder is misusing the term "Apparition". It should be "Place".

But apart from that, I think he is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, an apparition can contain as many ghosts as the top place in it indicates, so I'm not wrong! An apparition with no place (or a place which is full) can receive no new ghosts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello,
BNgK wrote:
i thought that an apparition is the place in front of a zone card where you place cards, namely places and ghosts. and that there can be more than one place in one of these apparitions. the rules show this terminology on page 60 - "playing area".

you use the term now as if each place automatically creates a new apparition. is there any proof for your reading in the rules or do you know the designer or else?

You are right BNgK. An apparition is all the cards (Places and Ghosts) that are played in front of a zone. You can play as many Places as you wish in an apparition, even without playing ghosts. The only rule is just that you cannot play more ghosts than the capacity of the last played Place.

Destroyder wrote:

Basically, every time you place a new apparition, just ignore all the cards beneath it, except the number in the top left and the colours of the cards involved.

edit: basically your option 1!

That is exactly right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.