$10.00
Michael Schroeder
United States
Lewiston
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time over the weekend and we couldn't figure this out.

My question is,

1.)during goods growth, do you roll for the left side, place the cubes, then roll for the right, and place those?

The rules state that you use the left, then the right, but to me it seems a bit ambiguous on this.

What I mean is, based off the rules (3rd ed.), we use the left entirely, until it's empty, then use the right. But we considered that, and there's no way that the right side cubes could come out, aside from a slight bit of luck from the dice.

We played it so you roll for left, then for right. Did we play it right?

Also, question

2.) During building, I'm assuming you cannot place a tile so that a track can run into a uncontiguous tile, town, etc? We played it that way with the assumption that its OK, as long as on your next turn you fix it. We did understand though, that the rules state that a track cannot run into a lake or edge of board.

I do have Steam, and I thought that in its' rules, it clearly states that all tracks must be contiguous. But these rules don't seem to be as explicit, unless I must missed it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
1. You roll once for each side of the goods growth. Note that the numbers are white on a black background on one side, and black on a white background on the other. The numbers on the cities correspond to this same scheme, and you roll on one side to populate the relevant numbers, and then on the other for the others. Once for the dark side, once for the light side.

2. Your track doesn't have to be contiguous*, but all of your track has to connect back to a city. That is, you can't start building track from a town and then leave it hanging out there; it has to connect back to a colored city to be a legal build.

*Some expansion maps require that your track be contiguous, but the base rules do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schroeder
United States
Lewiston
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gambill
United States
Shawnee on Delaware
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike6423 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

Me too! These were the exact two questions I had as well after reading the rules and setting up. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.