Popular Tags: [View All]
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OIL TANK TRUCK
- Occupies two squares.
- Starts on the road, at the same level of the rank 6 vehicles. One gang controls it.
- The player in control rolls the same number of dice as initial vehicles (truck doesn't count). The truck always moves with the highest die.
- Unless ramming or shooting, the truck must try to stay on the road, move straight ahead and sum up the road die.
- Can pass through wrecks without rolling a die.
- Cannot be dumped. If this is going to happen, that vehicle cannot move at all.
- Cannot be rammed, but can ram (rank 8).
- Cannot be shot, but can shoot from the cabin.
- Cannot be attacked by choppers.
- Vehicles can try to board the truck and take control. It is resolved as a shoot (rank 6) against anyone of the two squares. If successful, the player takes control of the truck (which won't move until the next turn).
- Optional rule: if an adjacent vehicle becomes a wreck, roll one die. If a 1 is rolled, that vehicle and the truck collide and explode!! Both of them become wrecks and connot be repaired. The remaining vehicles continue the battle...

Have fun and catch that doom tank!! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Cannot be dumped. If this is going to happen, that vehicle cannot move at all.
I'd change this to place the truck at the edge of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your game, of course. However, one gang should be trying to get the truck and the other should be trying to impede it, so it doesn't make sense some cars leaving the truck behind. Besides, it would be unfair for the vehicles which were near the truck!! Seriously, I had thought about your option, but I think it could produce some nasty gamey situations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, right, The victory condition does not involve out racing your enemies. It is to capture the truck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To capture the truck/maintain control and then destroy/outrace your foes. arrrh

You and your gang really need that doom gasoline!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've edited my first post to add a new rule which prevents the truck from going slow to remain behind the chasers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool, not sure about the optional rule though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank God it's optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron embree
Canada
springhill
nova scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting idea. A few play details would be nice.
can you win with just the truck?
How is game play affected, unfair advantage?
Now I am off to ebay, just spotted a truck =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I was thinking a number of tile swaps could be used to limit game length and increase the tension and carnage. Say 5 or 6 tile lengths... when the Truck crosses the last tile, whomever is in control of the truck wins.

Love this idea and was trying to think of a way to work it in. This is an excellent basis.

Thanks for sharing,
Will

Ps. Need some bikes to add to the carnage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oohh... that would make this variant better. Kinda like a timed game, but with a twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pola01 Pola01
Denmark
flag msg tools
What kind of playing piece would you use for the tank truck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... that's a bit challenging since micromachines sized 18-wheelers are a bit rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fungusar wrote:
What kind of playing piece would you use for the tank truck?

I have seen some images in the photo gallery for this game, here at BGG. Here is one that takes-up two spaces, but you can still make it work (develop custom rules to accommodate its two-space size).

Here is an image of someone who used a standard tractor and (square) trailer ....

Some people have developed some beautiful custom vehicles for this game (wish I was that artistic). Here is just one example. The small "tanker" in this image, can probably fit on one square space on the game board.

Click on each image to see the image larger. By doing this you can also read other individual's comments directly related to that image.
Hope that helps.
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.