Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say: "If a player cannot fulfill the demand of a card completely, he must do as much as he can."

Does that mean for the spell "Teleport", that I can move the character of an opponent and pay him nothing, if I play that card while I don't own any treasures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion this would be rules-lawyering at the baddest. I cannot imagine that was the intention of that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you referred to that rule in another thread, that you have to comply with the card text as completely as possible.

And you insisted in another thread, that it's allowed, what is not forbidden. Neither the rules, nor the card text nor it's comment in the rules forbid to play this card, if you have fewer than 3 treasures. So why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me put it clearer:
If you follow the rules word by word: Yes, you can play that card while you don't own any treasueres.

I still feel this is not what this rule was written for. It might even lead to different games in different languages as in some translations the text on the "Teleport" card could say "Pay 3, then teleport".

The more I think about it, I'd probably allow it if someone insisted. But players who don't know the rules by heart would probably not even think of playing this card if they can't pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.