Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after playing several games, i see the need of several rule clarifications..

1. about Dragon Sniper (place 1 search marker after defeating enemy), do we place the search marker first or replace the adventure card first?
my guess is we place the marker first because the effect is resolved the same time as we gain VP, before the enemy card is discarded

2. about Heavy Armed Soldier B, Tank, and Helicopter, does the attacking player discard red cards first or the enemy gains health first?
my interpretation of the rule is the enemy gains health first because we choose target first before preparing weapons and else, meaning we already attack the enemy (and the enemy respond first) before we actually raise our weapons

3. about Tank and Helicopter, they deals damage at the end of each round (meaning it's not in Damage phase anymore), can we block the damage by resting cards too?
i guess not unless we're using Francis Drake's Diary (using effect on lower part of the card), we cant use Cover instead because it's not a battle (or can we?)

4. about Zoran Lazarevic ability, when does he revive? suppose he's at 3 HP and receive 5 damage, does he return to life with 5 HP, or the 2 damage difference is carried when he revive so he return to life with 3 HP (making he's practically have 14 HP)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules are actually unclear about this, but I agree with you. As well, the dragon sniper's powerful enough, no need to give'm a freeby.
2. Another situation where it is unclear, but where we play by your interpretation. It does seem like a little bit TOO MUCH unfair luck if you had to guess the +x health.
3. No. The only way this damage can be blocked is with that Drake's Diary or that protective treasure I can never remember the name of.
4. He goes to zero, and then, after damage is resolved, he comes back with his resurrection ability. Even if he suffered 99 damage, he'd come back (once!).

If you want, I can have my Japanese speaking friend ask the designer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for the reply

1 more question, about Gatling Gunner "when this enemy appears, deal 1 damage to each player. then, deal 1 more damage to the player(s) with the most VP". does it means the gunner actually deal damage twice?

or does it actually supposed to be "when this enemy appears, deal 1 damage to each player and 1 more damage to the player(s) with the most VP"?

it'd only relate to Zoran Lazarevic resurrection ability when he actually only have 1 HP. if the enemy actually does the damage twice then Zoran should first reach 0 HP, resurrect with 5 HP, then get 1 more damage, which i think is weird
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually asked the designer this exact question- they are part of the same effect. So, Lazarevic gets no extra damage, and the WHOLE damage can be blocked by drake's diary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for the clarification

this game is surprisingly good.. so sad it's not popular at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.