Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Phantom» Forums » General

Subject: Someone who played this game please let us know what you think about it! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Fiorucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hi everyone!
i'm quiet interested in buying this game from Ludonaute, but i'd like to know some opinions before... I searched almost everywhere but i couldn't find anything really helpful!
Thanks in advance,
bye,
Pablo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rothschuh
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up at the Spiel, and both my wife and I really like it.

You are a bit more restricted in what you can play at any given time than in, say, Babel, but the game is very thematic, beautifully (and well) produced, and there is a good deal of "take that" to it, although it is not quite as cut-throat as Hemloch.

We are currently thinking about introducing some minor house rules that give players a bit more choice/flexibility (maybe increase handsize).

The game also plays a lot faster than Babel. Even our first two games took less than half an hour each.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Nagy
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I bought it in Essen. (it was first love)

But the game did not got me, what I was hoping for...

It is really thematic and beautiful, but it is a bit dry for me.

Yes, because of the players don't have to much possibilities, it is not so exciting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just blogged about it.
you can read my post here
http://letericplay.blogspot.sg/2013/02/happy-chinese-new-yea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.