United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
What it says is

"This item is on preorder, meaning that it has not yet been released. The quantity available for purchase represents the amount we will receive from our suppliers when the product releases. For our full preorder policy, please review our FAQ."

Read it however you like. I take it to mean they are getting 16 units as an initial shipment of Ogre. If you are not one of the first 16, you are likely going to wait.

Ah, sorry, I couldn't check earlier because I was at work. That quantity remaining is not how many total they will get in - it is how many they have left available. I know that text is unclear but I'm 99% sure it's how many they have left available. I watched Netrunner slowly tick down before it was released and it ended up "sold out" before being released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Blah blah dropping Circus train, blah blah business decision, blah blah still doing this and that, blah blah, more of our games on p500, blah blah blah....

Whatever GMT... not happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... elephant poop!

I was just over at the GMT site to finally commit. Oh, well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom --

So...is the deluxe version in the foreseeable future..or should junkies like myself grab up a copy + the expansion since its going to be a long ride?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, I think it's going to be a "long ride" so if you want the game, the best option right now is to go ahead and grab it in its current state.

There is currently no one assigned to the new production design, and I think the intent is to really improve the art quality, not just the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, I'm not happy with the kickstarter model, but I went in with Tammany Hall, I would have been in with bootleggers and Lost Valley, But I already own them.

These are known quantities and well worth the risk with the kickstarter model.

I played Circus Train at Origins 2012, it is a known quantity and deserving of a quality production. This game screams for a quality production.

Kickstarter is the way to go on this one. There already were 450 people ready to go who wanted the game. I'm sure many more will back it. Just include Warren Smith's Video. Go forth boldy, we're with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I nominated Circus Train for the 20 Most Anticipated Games of 2013.

Vote it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of the latest update Circus Train is one vote out of the final vote.

It will probably take at least 10 more nominations (thumbs) to make the final vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugely disappointed. Such a unique game deserves a quality production. Hopefully it will still receive the component quality it deserves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small update in this month's VPG email (Crimson Courier)

"For those who were interested in Circus Train, it’s on track with Gold Banner development right now, getting an art makeover at the moment. The new edition will have a double-sized (for us) map and plenty of glorious components in the box. Stay tuned for more information."

Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
telengard wrote:
Small update in this month's VPG email (Crimson Courier)

"For those who were interested in Circus Train, it’s on track with Gold Banner development right now, getting an art makeover at the moment. The new edition will have a double-sized (for us) map and plenty of glorious components in the box. Stay tuned for more information."

Can't wait!

will it just come 4 player!? (crossing fingers!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I will be buying the Gold Banner Edition for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"will it just come 4 player!? (crossing fingers!)"

The rules will be written for a 2-5 player gameplay experience, with the solitaire rules included as a feature variant.

I'm asking the designer/developer/artist to contribute stuff about the new CIRCUS TRAIN for the next VPG web site update article due to go live on 4/7/13. Hopefully, there will be a nice piece on how things are coming along there.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.