Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 8.1.3, I don't think you can swap column markers on the map (and thus, I've been playing the end phase wrong for a while), only combine columns or take a newly available off map column marker and place it. BUT, I think I read somewhere, either in a post here or errata, that it's actually OK to swap the markers. Can any one clarify that for me?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Cairol
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules now but I would say you are right. At the end phase you can combine columns in the same area and put off-board column markers on units on map (including the new available from combining columns), but you cannot swap markers. Again, from memory, not having checked the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark of carnage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You can't do straight swaps of column markers but you can merge some or all forces and/or columns that are in the same region and remove column markers from the region to offmap when a merge is done. You can also place offmap columns onto forces in a region.

With some canny play it is possible in some situations to do these actions in such a way that you are essentially swapping column markers around. Doing this might be considered gamey by some but appears legit.

The column management reference sheet that Cisco posted gives a good summary of what you can and can't do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you can't directly swap column markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.