Hide
5 Posts

Kingdom Builder: Nomads» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three points for nomad locations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miles Tek
msg tools
In the base game you get three points for every castle (the silver framed ones) adjacent to at least one of your settlements.

Now my question: the nomad locations in the expansion are also silver framed. Are they also worth three points like the castles at the end of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are nomad hexes, not castle hexes. I see no reason they would get the 3 point castle bonus merely because they both happen to have silver frames.

If it were intended that nomad locations also get 3 points, then surely the basic rules would say "hexes with silver frames" instead of saying "castle hexes", or the Nomads expansion rules would mention that nomad hexes also give 3 point bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
EvilEwok wrote:
In the base game you get three points for every castle (the silver framed ones) adjacent to at least one of your settlements.

Now my question: the nomad locations in the expansion are also silver framed. Are they also worth three points like the castles at the end of the game?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Tek
msg tools
to both: Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the way that we have been playing it.
The interesting thing about that is you can place your settlement next to a nomad camp just to get the tile and then move that settlement next to another nomad camp to get the tile and you don't lose anything as you would loose the tile with the other location tiles.
I could see getting negative points for moving away from the nomad camp to make that less appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.