Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 7 Wonders Facebook page, there is an announcement that reads:

Quote:
En avant-première mondiale, venez découvrir le Wonder Pack la prochaine extension de 7 Wonders lors du festival En Jeu à Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgique. Cette nouvelle extension est composée de 4 nouvelles merveilles :
- Stonehenge et ses pierres sacrées
- Abou Simbel où l’on vénère les leaders
- La Grande Muraille de Chine et son adaptabilité
- La version révisée du Manneken Pis
On vous attend !

The rough translation is supposedly:

Quote:
In world premiere at the En Jeu Game Festival, Louvain-la-neuve, Belgium, discover the Wonder Pack, the next expansion for 7 Wonders. The pack will contain four new Wonders:
-Stonehnge and its sacred stones.
-Abou Simbel, where the Leaders are revered.
-The Great Wall of China and its adaptability.
-And a revised version of the Manneken Pis.
Hope to see you there !

Anyone have any info on this? Will it be available at retail? Or are we to look for this in the Marketplace?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
I'm wiping drool off my keyboard now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love this. Hoping for a physical version of Cupertino as well, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha... So maybe there is still hope in getting Maneken Pis promo for a price that at least makes some sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Pescia
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how is a wall adaptable???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Experiens wrote:

It can be used to keep people out and it can be use to keep people in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Experiens wrote:

Because despite being called "The Great Wall of China", The Great Wall of China is not actually "a wall" in the traditional sense but a whole network of walls/fortifications built all over China hence adapting to protect where it is needed.

That being said I'd agree that by the traditional definition of "a wall" it's true measure of adaptability is only how many times it gets painted each year and what is painted on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Experiens wrote:

My guess is there might also be something lost in the translation there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
Missed the Kickstarter ? You can still get it in the Pledge Manager !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zephaus wrote:
Experiens wrote:

My guess is there might also be something lost in the translation there.

No, there isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Experiens wrote:

Perhaps the A side and B side are very different from each other...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe it will let you choose 1 of 2 effects when you build wonder stages?

I'm also curious what changes are made to Maneken Pis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid666 wrote:

No beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
Reid666 wrote:

No beer.

That's possible, but what's in place of it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid666 wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:
Reid666 wrote:

No beer.

That's possible, but what's in place of it ?

Presumably they make it actually playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New reply from facebook.
Quote:
On pourra y jouer mais pas l'acheter. Cette extension sortira fin premier trimestre 2013.

We can play it but not buy it.
This expansion will be available at the end of the first quarter 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the Wonder Pack today at said Games Festival, had it explained to me by Thomas Provoost from Repos Production, but I didn't take notes so please excuse the possible mistakes or things I forgot about modest (plus he told me some details still could be balanced) :

* Manneken Pis : can't remember the B side, but the A side has been clarified in the sense that at the third stage of the wonder, you copy the LAST stage from your left neighbor (clears up confusion with Gizah side B for example, do I copy the third or fourth stage ?), and only the one on the left actually, you can't choose anymore. Also, the resources needed to copy are now only coins
* Stonehenge : one of the stage gives you gold and victory points for the amount of stone resources that you have in play
* Great Wall : is adaptable in the sense that there's no particular order to build the stages, you choose, and every stage gives a bonus in a particular category (military, gold, ...)
* Abu Simbel, two stages, each giving the opportunity to mummify one leader. Similar to the vault in Glory to Rome, a mummified leader is put away face down on the right of your board until the end of the game, but then counts as twice his/her gold cost in victory points

Also, I asked Thomas about the next expansion after this one, and he told me it normally wasn't gonna be the "Armada" one with the ships, but one where all players can participate, if they wish so, in the building of a common wonder, like the Tower of Babel.

Really looking forward to all of this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wraith75 wrote:
I saw the Wonder Pack today at said Games Festival, had it explained to me by Cédric Provoost from Repos Production, but I didn't take notes so please excuse the possible mistakes or things I forgot about modest (plus he told me some details still could be balanced) :

* Manneken Pis : can't remember the B side, but the A side has been clarified in the sense that at the third stage of the wonder, you copy the LAST stage from your left neighbor (clears up confusion with Gizah side B for example, do I copy the third or fourth stage ?), and only the one on the left actually, you can't choose anymore. Also, the resources needed to copy are now only coins
* Stonehenge : one of the stage gives you gold and victory points for the amount of stone resources that you have in play
* Great Wall : is adaptable in the sense that there's no particular order to build the stages, you choose, and every stage gives a bonus in a particular category (military, gold, ...)
* Abu Simbel, two stages, each giving the opportunity to mummify one leader. Similar to the vault in Glory to Rome, a mummified leader is put away face down on the right of your board until the end of the game, but then counts as twice his/her gold cost in victory points

Also, I asked Cédric about the next expansion after this one, and he told me it normally wasn't gonna be the "Armada" one with the ships, but one where all players can participate, if they wish so, in the building of a common wonder, like the Tower of Babel.

Really looking forward to all of this

Thanks for the information! Were you able to purchase the wonder pack there, or are they only previewing it for future purchase? Any mention on when it would be available to all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Brokoli
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
Thanks for the information! Were you able to purchase the wonder pack there, or are they only previewing it for future purchase? Any mention on when it would be available to all?

For the first question : No, the expansion was still "under construction".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Brokoli
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I tried it, it's a wonderful wonder.
For side B :
Basic ressource : cloth.
The bonuses : Money, Diplomacy, Mask & one free ressource you don't produce.
Side A is a little more classic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was on display but not for sale.

Thomas said it would go to production in the coming weeks though, so early 2013 is a good estimate of the release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wraith75 wrote:
I* Manneken Pis : can't remember the B side, but the A side has been clarified in the sense that at the third stage of the wonder, you copy the LAST stage from your left neighbor (clears up confusion with Gizah side B for example, do I copy the third or fourth stage ?), and only the one on the left actually, you can't choose anymore. Also, the resources needed to copy are now only coins

So, if you're playing the Pis A side and your left neighbor is playing the Wall, would you get a choice as to which "stage" you can copy, since their's no order to them?? Or would the Wall player dictate which stage was his "last"??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question indeed !

Didn't think of asking that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great news,

I especially like how they incorporate Leaders and Cities ideas!

Hope we can get some more info soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Now listed in the BGG database: 7 Wonders: Wonder Pack

With a cover image from the publisher:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.