Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bitch bitch - complain complain. It's just a game. Put down the keyboard and take a breath!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
Bitch bitch - complain complain. It's just a game. Put down the keyboard and take a breath!

What should we discuss on Board Games Geek if not games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
Myoman wrote:
I still want to see Solomon's Temple or the Library of Alexandria

Don't forget The Ishtar Gate

I've got you both covered. I'm working on designing 7 new wonderboards, specifically for team play. The working title is "7 Wonders: Empires" Solomon's Temple, The Library of Alexandria, and The Ishtar Gate are 3 of the Wonders I'm using. The Sphinx, The Pantheon, The Acropolis, and Persepolis are the others.

And Zalco, you'll be happy to know that in my "Catan: World Wonders" expansion, when I had to make an 8th Wonder for gameplay purposes, I chose The Walls of Babylon/The Ishtar Gate. It baffles me why this hasn't been made by Repos yet.

Antoine Bauza explained once that the Temple of Solomon was his first choice for Cities, but that he and Repos decided to not go for it to avoid any religious connotations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Petersen
Denmark
Svendborg
flag msg tools
The bigger the problem, the bigger a hammer you'll need!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
StormP wrote:
Don't like, don't use - it's easy - I hate olives, so I don't eat 'em if served.

The 7 Wonders: Manneken Pis promo is olives served on the side. Manneken Pis in 7 Wonders: Wonder Pack is olives served rigth in the Irish Stew .

Ohnonono, the Manneken Pis hasn't been shredded, and added to the "stew"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Sid Meyer's Civilization V lately and it got me wondering if maybe the end plan for 7 Wonders is to release the last expansion with wonders like the Hubble Telescope and the United Nations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are thinking about this all wrong.

Here are the 6 Wonders that should go in this Wonder Pack:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Basar Cenik
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
If you want things to be historically accurate, board gaming might not be for you... ;-)

I heard some board games have a "theme", but I may be mistaken, I am new to the hobby, too. If the theme of this game is "7 wonders of the ancient world", then the Pis statue may not fit the theme that well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BleuVII wrote:
They lost me on the historical accuracy when Byzatium - The Hagia Sophia was released with Cities. The Hagia Sophia was built from the remains of the Temple of Artemis (specifically the columns). The two literally cannot exist side-by-side.

I will have to consider whether or not to buy this pack. Stonehenge is unknowably old, and the other two are new.

Not entirely true. Abu Simbel is from about 1200 B.C. under Ramses II, in moderns times they replicated Abu Simbel at a higher elevation because the original one was to be submerged underwater due to the Aswan Dam. Since they are both made identical, the art of one is the same as the other, so it is a legit ancient wonder.

The Great Wall as depicted in this expansion is the lastest wall, which is in the 1500s, so that is not ancient, Manneken Pis is a joke, and Stonehenge is definitely ancient, so it fits. I don't see hoe Stonehenge could be more than 5,000 years old tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Le Luherne
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I agree that Manneken Pis is not a Wonder of the ancient world. It's actually not in any wonder classification. But they made it to thanks "repos production" which is a belgium editor.
But i think if we really wanted to follow the theme, then you couldn't have any expansion to that game, since the base game already have all the wonder of the ancient world.
In order to be creative, and bring new idea (and new "wonders"), you have to step a bit out of the theme. e.g.The Colosseum is not a "wonders" and and was build 70 AD whereas the colossus of rhodes was destroy in 260 BC.
So with a bit of freedom, more expansion.
Also, the Mannaken Pis of the wonder pack is not the same than the promo one, and for everyone info, they plan on doing 7 expansion to that game, the wonder pack being the n°2.5, probably meaning that they'll release an other wonder pack, and 4 other expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Nürnberg
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
the beer is gone, by the way.
sad soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pethulhu wrote:
the beer is gone, by the way.
sad soblue

It would have been even more sad, if you still had it.
It is meant to be consumed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.