tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..and I thought the pictures from Andrew (of Auggies Games) were tiny.

At least now we can figure out the quantities of each mini:

1x Orc Chieftain
1x Cleric of Gruumsh
1x Orc Druid
1x Orc Champion-type (with the large axe)
2x Orc Archer
2x Orc Warrior-type (with the club)
1x Boar (of Dire Boar)
1x Wereboar
1x Ogre
1x Owlbear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking the Ogre and Owlbear might not be very high level (for large minis, otherwise how would they introduce Giants later) so this might be a faction without any level 1 creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
How did you conclude that there won't be level 1s? I don't see why either of the 2-of creatures can't be a level 1. It would be neat to see a level 1 Strength creature...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfiniteNutshell wrote:
How did you conclude that there won't be level 1s? I don't see why either of the 2-of creatures can't be a level 1. It would be neat to see a level 1 Strength creature...

Imo it would be odd to have the Ogre and Owlbear at level 6 or even 5, so unless there are several very high level Orcs, the bottom distribution of creatures would have to be of slightly higher levels.

It would be like goblin weenies but just BIGGER weenies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive not had chance to play with any but the 1st 2 sets, the new sets all have door how does this effect play? titanic battle on the middle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
chromaticdragon wrote:
Imo it would be odd to have the Ogre and Owlbear at level 6 or even 5, so unless there are several very high level Orcs, the bottom distribution of creatures would have to be of slightly higher levels.

It would be like goblin weenies but just BIGGER weenies.

Hmm, ok, I see your point: none of the figures seems to match up in awesomeness to a dragon or a devil, so I buy that we might not get a level 6 in this set. However, there are plenty of figures that could be level 5 (maybe one of the large ones, maybe the chieftain; who knows!). The set could possibly follow a level distribution more like the drow set. I'm confident there will still be level 1 creatures.

OK this got me curious, so I worked out the distribution of creatures by level for each set so far:

Sting of Lolth: 2/3/3/3/1/0
Heart of Cormyr: 3/3/2/2/1/1
Tyranny of Goblins: 3/1/4/2/1/1
Curse of Undeath: 2/3/2/3/1/1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfiniteNutshell wrote:
OK this got me curious, so I worked out the distribution of creatures by level for each set so far:

Sting of Lolth: 2/3/3/3/1/0
Heart of Cormyr: 3/3/2/2/1/1
Tyranny of Goblins: 3/1/4/2/1/1
Curse of Undeath: 2/3/2/3/1/1

That's interesting. The orcs might be almost similar to the drows with heavier distribution at the mid-levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No female orcs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Varloot
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PretzelTwist wrote:
No female orcs?

Agreed, there seems to be a kind of sexism with WotC. Seems only races where the female is supposed to be somehow sexy (elfes, halflings, giants, drows...) deserve female characters. No ogress, no orcess or koboldess.

Or is it just me being French and enjoying making fun of the "politically correctness"

BTW I have a bunch of female players in my group and they would like to play an half-orcess from time to time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a female Ogre in the more recent Chainmail line:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/196316

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PretzelTwist wrote:
No female orcs?

I'm just pretending the creatures like the Dracolich are my mother-in-law and calling it a day.

Your mother was an orc and your father reeked of elderberries! (whatever those are)

edit====

One of the large tiles has a hell of a choke point on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.