$10.00
Plager DK
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I just picked Trade III and am about to place my newly acquired mercenary.

I am wondering if I can place him (ground, naturally) in a system where fleet supply has already been reached and move him (take off - space) out into a different system without increasing my fleet supply?

I found this paragraph in the FAQ 2.3 page 13, which may hold some of the answer?

Q: If a Mercenary is moving into another system, does it make
a difference if he is space or on the planet?
A: No.

Basically, I see it this way: That the merc is allowed to make the move, since it is considered a temporary infringement of the fleet supply, just as other ships can move through a system with maxed out fleet supply - as long as they don't end their move there.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that he is allowed to move through a system with max fleet supply. This actually can happen in a normal game and we never think about it. Your cruiser from your home system can go to a system 2 spaces away and cross over systems that are maxed out. The merc rising up from the planet would be traveling through a maxed out system in the same way, except he simply started his movement there.

The rulebook only states that units with enough range may move to the destination system. It doesn't say anything about finding a path that has enough fleet supply to contain him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
3D printing available for service at: http://www.3dhubs.com/los-angeles/hubs/martin-chino
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping to your fleet supply only matters in the activated system. That is where the fleet is ending up so you must keep to the FS there so the Merc can leave the system he is in on the ground and go into space as the FS is only going to check once the movement step is over and all ships are in the activated system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plager DK
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Thx for the quick replies David and Tawnos. My thoughts exactly!
So nice to have geeky friends over seas to help out
Now all that remains is to see if our combined arguments can convince Kristobal who is GM'ing our PBEM game!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.