Subject: Spell Books Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I went through white dwarf magazines containing AHQ articles but I cant find all of the 8 spell books, any one know where all of them were released? thanks in advance

Regards
R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't aware that they were.
Do you know for sure that they were?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if they were actually issued, but I keep reading about the "8 colleges of magic" so I wonder

If I'm not wrong, WD numbers 121,122,125,134,138,139,145,150 and 159 cover AHQ, so far I've found Jade (No. 121), Amethyst (No. 125) and Light Wizard's (No. 139) but I'm just assuming there are 5 more spell books: Grey,Amber,Celestial,High Magic and Gold Wizard's

Source: http://greywolf.critter.net/ahq/professions/wizards.htm#cele...

and

http://www.toco.be/homerules/files/AHQ_Character_Generation....

Regards
R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the second link is definitely house rules. It even says so in the link. I would assume that they just made up their own.

I made a few books of magic for this game back in the day too.
I can't recall ever seeing anything that had the "official" 8 colleges of magic.
I'll see if I can find mine after work, if you're interested.
And you could always try your hand at making some up.

I'll also keep my eye open for anything official and send it your way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you, yes Im interested.

So basically what you´re saying is that only those 3 were released offically?

Second link is just saying you can choose among those 8 colleges during character creation process so I assumed those did exist "officially"

Regards
R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original rulebook had the "Bright" spellbook.
Terror in the Dark has Light spellbook.
Two White Dwarf issues have Jade and Amethyst.
Those are the only official ones I know about.

Here are some links to some user created ones doing a very quick google:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/691440/gold-wizards-spell-bo...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/768392/final-spellbook-waaaa...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/647283/amethyst-wizards-spel...
I have no idea if this Amethyst book is different from the "official" or not.
http://greywolf.critter.net/ahq/spells/greyseer.htm

I can take a bit of time over the next week and type out some of my custom spells as well. I made a few Dark College spells as well as many for specific Champions of each Chaos god.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Original rulebook had the "Bright" spellbook.
Terror in the Dark has Light spellbook.
Two White Dwarf issues have Jade and Amethyst.

Correct. That's it. Rest is fan-made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys! I have some other questions but I think Im going to open a new thread.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some of mine. I had started to write out some Tzentch spells but we didn't test them and they're not very good. I'll not include those.
Most of these were meant to go along with our Chaos Champion rules which can be found in the files section.
You'll need the two "Realm of Chaos" books to make full use of them, but I suppose you could just house rule the gaps well enough.
This system is pretty forgiving for that sort of thing.

I'll also submit this as a file after posting it here.

House Ruled Spells

These are some spells we made up back in the day for use in Advanced Heroquest. The format of the spells are:

Name
College
Component

Description of spell effects
-------------------

Fatal Fizz
Dark
Warpstone laced sodium bicarbonate

The caster swallows a piece of warpstone laced sodium bicarbonate. It starts a violent, bubbling chain reaction that momentarily channels raw chaos power into the body of the caster blowing it all to hell (get it?)
Place a fireball template over the caster. All models under the template are hit for 12 damage dice of injury. The caster does not survive the spell.

Nova
Dark
Skull ash

Upon blowing the ash from his palm, absolutely black flame licks at the caster’s flesh. The darkness then explodes outward, affecting any model in the caster’s death zone (including diagonal). All affected models must take a bravery test. If they fail this test, roll 10 damage dice. If the test is passed, roll 5 damage dice. All armor modifiers are ignored (roll on start toughness).

Flesh Mesh
Dark
Troll flesh

Whoever wishes to invoke the power of this spell must chew and completely swallow a piece of raw troll flesh. The profane energies mesh the troll’s flesh with that of the caster instantly regenerating any lost wounds.
In addition, all strength and toughness drained is instantly regenerated to its original number.
NOTE: If the caster is affected by a “Fade” spell or similar effect, only wounds are restored.

Stench of Nurgle
Nurgle
Breath mint

As the caster eats the breath mint his chosen target (within the caster’s death zone) exudes a noxious smell of decay. This is so bad that all models within 2 squares of the target are overpowered by the stink and are unable to strike blows in subsequent rounds of hand to hand combat. All followers of Nurgle are unaffected by this odor. Once slain, the smelly character has no effect.

Miasma of Pestilence
Nurgle
Ground flies

As the caster throws the fly dust on the ground it swirls up into a cloud of pestilence around him. This miasma extends 2 squares away from the caster and affects all other models in that zone. Reduce all characteristics by half (round down). This lasts until the caster is wounded. It has no effect on followers of Nurgle.

Plague Wind
Nurgle
Small symbol of Nurgle

The caster blows through the symbol like a whistle and the Plague Wind sweeps in from other dimensions affecting all non-Nurgle figures on the board. It is accompanied by wind-carried moaning, insane laughter and other sounds of death and delirium. All affected models must test for Nurgle’s Rot, then take an immediate bravery test or cower on their next combat round. Greater demons and undead need not test for bravery.

Stream of Corruption
Nurgle
A maggot

The caster flicks the single maggot from his open palm and it multiplies into a stinking jet of putrid blood, pus, maggots, slime and other foulness. It shoots in a straight line 1 square wide by 8 squares long. Each model hit must roll 1D6 and consult the table below:

Target’s speed •• Chokes to death on a roll of:
1 - 4 •• 4, 5, 6
5 - 8 •• 5, 6
9 - 12 •• 6
(formatting for this forum sucks. I hope that makes sense up there...)

Models with a high speed stand a better chance of ducking or diving out of the way of the stream. Others are not so lucky. Models which are unable to move for any reason (other than unconscious) are choked automatically. A greater demon of any kind is not killed outright if too slow, taking 1D6 wounds instead.

Pavane of Slaanesh
Slaanesh
Flask of wine

The caster drinks the entire flask in one chug. Upon doing so, he may choose any number of creatures with an INT of 3 or more and within 24 squares as his target. Victims of the spell can do nothing except stay in their square and dance lewdly to the sounds of unearthly music that only they can hear. They may not move, attack, cast spells or use missile weapons until the spell’s effects are ended. This occurs when the model is attacked.

Fleshy Curse
Slaanesh
Lump of raw flesh

The caster speaks arcane words and begins to mold the lump of flesh as if it were putty. A target within line of sight to the caster begins to sprout horrific, uncontrollable growths from their body making them unable to make any actions or movements of their own free will. These growths immediately cover all adjacent squares and extend one full square at the beginning of the victim’s next turn. All models caught in a square with growth is attacked during the original victim’s turn with a WS 5 attack. This does no damage but the victim is unable to move, attack or carry out any other actions. 3 successful attacks of this nature will strangle and kill those attacked.
The growth will continue indefinitely unless it is killed (original spell target’s toughness and wounds) by a fire based attack.

Acquiescence
Slaanesh
Symbol of Slaanesh

The follower or demon of Slaanesh who casts this spell must be in base to base contact with a suitable target. The caster merely reaches out and touches the victim’s forehead (successful to hit roll needed for this).
The target immediately enters a blissful, euphoric state. For the remainder of the expedition all characteristics except wounds are halved. In combat the target must make a successful INT test every phase or simply stand and smile. If successful it can defend itself but not attack.

This spell has special effects on followers and demons of Khorne and Slaanesh:

Slaanesh - A Slaaneshi target is not subject to the spell’s normal effects, but is filled with a sense of well-being and a reassuring air of unreality. The target becomes immune to “fearsome” effects but speed is reduced by 2.

Khorne - The victim’s personality is subjected to an unwelcome but ecstatic pitch of voluptuous enjoyment. His nervous system cracks under the strain and his mind literally boils, killing him instantly. Such a fate is anathema to all true servants of the Blood God, and they hate all the Slaaneshi with a special venom because of it.

Hand of Michael
Rainbow
White Glove

When the caster puts on the glove he designates one model within 8 squares and clenches his fist. The model can be moved as if grasped by a giant spiritual hand. Move the model to any empty square within 8 squares of the caster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. I forgot that we can't add any more files thanks to the asshole lawyers at GW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! it certainly looks interesting, I´ll have to try them out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.