Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy: 2nd Expansion – New Hex Tiles» Forums » General

Subject: Value of this expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if most players would consider this a fun add on to change the game up a bit or a valuable balancing addition that improves the base game...thoughts anyone? I'm going to also post in the main forum since I suspect not many people are subscribed to this small expansion...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Please support King of Clubs on Kickstarter at http://kck.st/15ImgTf
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm approaching it as "fun add on to change the game up a bit" - not that it really needs it...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a welcome change.

And for 5$ at the Geekstore, it's a bargain.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salimo wrote:
Just wondering if most players would consider this a fun add on to change the game up a bit or a valuable balancing addition that improves the base game...thoughts anyone? I'm going to also post in the main forum since I suspect not many people are subscribed to this small expansion...


The game is just perfect and would not need any basic improvement. It really is merely a fun add on giving further possibilities. Nice to have!!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the look of it personally. They're just obviously BEST choices when they show up and that detracts from the game for me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Wraith75 wrote:
It's a welcome change.

And for 5$ at the Geekstore, it's a bargain.
5 dollars for four tiles? Bargain? Really?
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In perspective to the cost of the base game, no it's not a bargain but at least it includes shipping.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very tempting to get this just for completeness
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Frenchville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dice Brewing! Check out this new game by Board&Dice! B-)
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I look at all of the promos offered thru the geekstore is that they are free. We are getting them as a reward for donating a small amount to a website that we all love.

For such a worthy cause - it sure seems like a good value to me. cool
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
They're just obviously BEST choices when they show up


NOPE! At least not neccessarily! We played with the tiles (4P): Only one tile was used. There where in the resp. moments more important tiles to pick up. E.g. the order-track-tile popped up very late in the game. No use! The goats came up when better tiles of the animals were available as well. The park was used but didn´t let the one picking it up win.

I´ll keep up my opinion: Nice add on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Korell
United States
Robbinsdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The instructions say '2 hexagon tiles each', yet only 1 of each is provided. Should there be 2?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fredyarvin wrote:
The instructions say '2 hexagon tiles each', yet only 1 of each is provided. Should there be 2?

2 tiles are mixed into the yellow supply stack, 2 tiles into the black supply stack.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SANTI S
Colombia
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Wraith75 wrote:
It's a welcome change.

And for 5$ at the Geekstore, it's a bargain.
5 dollars for four tiles? Bargain? Really?


This four tile should be included in BGG Store wiht Castles of Burgundy: The 4th Expansion $5 for only for tiles is really high.

Bothe expansions cost me $12.5

I think I will stay with the basic game only.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
geosan wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Wraith75 wrote:
It's a welcome change.

And for 5$ at the Geekstore, it's a bargain.
5 dollars for four tiles? Bargain? Really?


This four tile should be included in BGG Store wiht Castles of Burgundy: The 4th Expansion $5 for only for tiles is really high.

Bothe expansions cost me $12.5

I think I will stay with the basic game only.



Yes, I also feel it is very expensive, but I still bought all of them, I can´t help it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.