Subject: Cards in phase 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert Escayola Tamayo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cards of phase 3, when I can play?
In the rules say "beginning with the starting player, each player must make the following three options in order: buy and use power cards, farmers and building stones"

Well, then I can buy cards, then buy farmers and at the time of purchase building stones, you can use the cards I just bought?

Sorry for my english!!

:p:p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only card you can use during purchasing of building stones is the ‘Master Builder’ card. If you just purchased it, then of course you can use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Cannon
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one easy way to think of using cards:

Cards can only be used during the phases which are affected by a card and are played at the time of doing the corresponding action.

As a result, cards that generate income can only be used when collecting money. Likewise, the free farmer can only be played when purchasing farmers, and the Master Builder (as previsouly stated) can only be played when purchasing stones.

This also applies to the bidding cards and sacrifice adjustment cards. Bidding cards do not have to be played until either jumping someone else or making a block of the next level. Sacrifice adjustment cards must be played with the other cards sacrificed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget that you can only use one card of each type in a given turn - only one Master Builder card, for example, only one scoring card for next to/away from the river and so on.

We got that one wrong for about the first twenty games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Escayola Tamayo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, but in the rules the order of the actions is:

each player must make the following three options in order: buy and use power cards, farmers and building stones.

Don't say that use the power cards in the action of building stones. It say use the power cards after you buy this cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
Thank you for stopping at this OverText. Your cursor is now being scanned for the purpose of security. Please don't move for 3 seconds . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thank you for your cooperation. You may proceed.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're over-interpreting this.
You can use power cards only in the phase they are designed for. Builder Power cards can be used only in phase 2. But not only in the first moment of phase 2.

Actually the only thing you can "use" power cards for in the "buy powercards part-phase" is to exchange them for gold as there is no powercard which can be played in this moment.

See also that the rules (german and english at least) explicit show, that when buying farmers you can use the free farmer and when buying stones you can use the builder card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Escayola Tamayo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for all.

:):)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.