Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started replaying this after picking up a near mint copy cheap (original catalogues from 1986, different tank model cards not even separated etc) and I've run into three things that puzzle me:

1. For Advancing fire it's a cost of 1D/2 for HE ... is that for every marker I place? I assumed yes.

2. What are the coaxial and other Advancing Fire markers for?

3. So, my first battle round is over (two Pak40s defeated) and daylight remains and I'm not on the Exit area. Why do I go back to 4.4 and redo weather instead of to 4.5.3?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David.

1.Advancing fire 22.1-22.14 is by the TASK FORCE ,puts up to six markers on the MAP BOARD AREAS,this is fire by ALL tanks in the TF,yours included,the ammo is only expended once by your tank(your share of bullets), regardless of counters,the other amounts being covered by other tanks.

2. The coaxial and bow machine gun advancing fire markers are covered in 22.2 during battle rounds. this is advancing fire by YOUR tank ,specifically firing into ZONES on the BATTLE BOARD.
basically you can fire into zones with no enemy units to affect them if they moved into those zones during combat.

From the article in the general volume 25#3.

3.the correct sequence of steps should be...

play 4.41 through 4.46,
skip 4.47,4.51 and 4.52,

continue from 4.53

this should eliminate any confusion in restarting the combat procedure.

cheers
mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
David.

1.Advancing fire 22.1-22.14 is by the TASK FORCE ,puts up to six markers on the MAP BOARD AREAS,this is fire by ALL tanks in the TF,yours included,the ammo is only expended once by your tank(your share of bullets), regardless of counters,the other amounts being covered by other tanks.

2. The coaxial and bow machine gun advancing fire markers are covered in 22.2 during battle rounds. this is advancing fire by YOUR tank ,specifically firing into ZONES on the BATTLE BOARD.
basically you can fire into zones with no enemy units to affect them if they moved into those zones during combat.

From the article in the general volume 25#3.

3.the correct sequence of steps should be...

play 4.41 through 4.46,
skip 4.47,4.51 and 4.52,

continue from 4.53

this should eliminate any confusion in restarting the combat procedure.

cheers
mike.

Thanks, Mike.

Later edit ... why wouldn't you place all six advancing fire down every time? If it only costs 1D/2, why not? Or are there only six for the day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
your welcome David.

check out my recommended read post.

"warriors for the working day"

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/783167/recommended-good-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
your welcome David.

check out my recommended read post.

"warriors for the working day"

Link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Judy

sorry, added it in edit.

cheerio.
mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

Later edit ... why wouldn't you place all six advancing fire down every time? If it only costs 1D/2, why not? Or are there only six for the day?

On the blue chart table Friendly Action.

the bottom paragraph refers to "place six advancing fire markers"
the rulebook states "up to six" ,i think it depends if your task force has suffered losses,( one less marker per three losses).
then roll for ammo usage.
"advancing fire expends 1d/2" rounded down.i.e the act of placing six markers.

its not read as "six advancing fire options", its only done once per map area. and not per day.

as to why would you not place all six,or maximum you can ? ..you will soon find yourself saying.., HELL !. fire everything !! ALL the time !

blast them,shoot them,bomb them,kill kill kill.. whats that shadow ? shoot it ! there's a house,blast it ! whats in those woods ? bomb it to dust !
your Tin Can "Ronson" will be like a scared cat. those 88's can kill you VERY easily. gulp

cheerio

mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
There is a new 4.77.4 rule ( taken either from this website or the "General" Magazine ):

Repair / Replace Periscopes and Guns and reload the Ready Rack, prior to returning to 4.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Spak
United States
Spencer
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

As the company takes damage, the number of available advance fire markers are reduced, less one for every 3 tanks if I remember it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.