$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » News

Subject: Card Preview on the back of Game Trade Magazine! -Now with pictures! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Townsend
United States
Edenton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I stopped by my FLGS today to pick up my Game Trade Magazine, and lo and behold, on the back cover was a ad for the Trace Amount Data Pack! A small two-card fan was on the preview. One was the Freelance we already saw, but the other is a completely new card! I don't have a way to take pictures (maybe someone else with GTM can?), but here are the effects I can see. The words in () are the obvious assumptions that were blocked out by the Freelancer.

E3 Feedback Implant
Criminal-Hardware:Mod
Cost:2

Whenever you break (a subroutine on a) piece of ice, you may (break) 1 additional subroutine (for free).

Number is 24. Can't see influence points.

It's really awesome!!! I would have preferred a different card instead of Freelancer, but hey, any card is good.

AHA! Figured out how to add pictures finally!
Here's the card fan zoomed in...

Here's the full magazine ad on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Preview on the back of Game Trade Magazine!
Empires wrote:
E3 Feedback Implant
Criminal-Hardware:Mod
Cost:2

Whenever you break (a subroutine on a) piece of ice, you may (break) 1 additional subroutine (for free).

Very interesting! The Criminal version of Cyberfeeder. I hope someone can post a scan (though that might break copyright).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes Biorods a bit weaker was my first thought. Very good against some ICE, useless against some. But the card is very amazing if it can be used every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aHein wrote:
Makes Biorods a bit weaker was my first thought.

A bit?
But this may not be the actual complete text mind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text says "hardware-mod", so does that mean this would be installed on an icebreaker (like Personal Touch)? I am far too lazy to go upstairs and look through my cards to see if there are mods that are not installed on another card.

If it is installed on an icebreaker, would this even have an effect on Bioroid ICE if you are using clicks to break subroutines since you don't use an icebreaker to break subroutines that way?

Of course, this is all conjecture since we can't even see the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butaman551 wrote:
The text says "hardware-mod", so does that mean this would be installed on an icebreaker (like Personal Touch)? I am far too lazy to go upstairs and look through my cards to see if there are mods that are not installed on another card.

Modded and Tinkering are also "Mod". I think you install the E3 Feedback Implant as a regular piece of Hardware, and it kicks in whenever you break a subroutine. I tend to believe it will be too weak if it were installed on an ICE Breaker (definitely weaker than The Personal Touch).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The subtype "mod" by itself has no in-game meaning. Only if its game text required it to be hosted by another card would it be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
need a picture!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point about tinkering means this may be installed on a specific piece of ICE. That would actually make this even more lackluster than being installed on a breaker. However, both Tinkering and Modded are Events; the only other Hardware: Mod is Personal Touch.

Being two cost, it looks like Cyberfeeder, but Cyberfeeder is once per turn. This is potentially once per subroutine, not even per ICE.

So middle ground, it seems it should be on a breaker for the current balance, and to be on parity with Cyberfeeder. But if it were, I'd expect it to be worded more like Personal Touch, where it starts with the restrictions that it must be installed on a breaker.

Seems that it may really be per subroutine. This may be a better import than Cyberfeeder in those popular Shaper decks. Unless there's an extra restriction at the end, like "once per run", or "once per ice"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrthefter wrote:
Being two cost, it looks like Cyberfeeder, but Cyberfeeder is once per turn. This is potentially once per subroutine, not even per ICE.

So it's better than Cyberfeeder against ICE with four or more subroutines (of which I think Archer is the only one), but worse against ICE with only one.

Hey and it looks like Aurora just got a tiny bit less terrible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
mrthefter wrote:

So it's better than Cyberfeeder against ICE with four or more subroutines (of which I think Archer is the only one), but worse against ICE with only one.

Or, does it trigger repeatedly? Breaking a subroutine for free still counts as breaking a subroutine, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrthefter wrote:

More difficult to trigger than Cyberfeeder, but more powerful if used well. This really does feel like a Criminal version of Cyberfeeder I think this is one of my most favorite spoiled cards so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pwnguin wrote:
Or, does it trigger repeatedly? Breaking a subroutine for free still counts as breaking a subroutine, yes?

Now that's interesting. Seems too good to me, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pwnguin wrote:
kobold47 wrote:
mrthefter wrote:

Unlikely. They'd just say break all the subroutines (or as many as you want) if that was the intent.

"When you break (the first subroutine on a) piece of ice" might be more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pending verification, I can pretty well guarantee this is going in my Criminal stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lactamaeon wrote:
"When you break (the first subroutine on a) piece of ice" might be more likely.

That sounds reasonable. Now, if only someone could post a photo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if it's not to be installed on an icebreaker, I guess it works whenusing clicks to break subroutines on bioroids as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nom_ wrote:
So if it's not to be installed on an icebreaker, I guess it works whenusing clicks to break subroutines on bioroids as well?

I would say that given the information we have right now, this seems to be the case.

I expect to see tools to fry the Runner's rig in the foreseeable future ... and would hazard a guess that it would be HB's forte, along with Brain damage and trashing programs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... One click less to break any HB ice. Way to powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is amazing and seems like a guaranteed splash into Kate. Even if it is installed on a piece of ice, slap it on Creeper (1 credit to strengthen, 2 credits to break) and that is a very solid sentry killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
I think this is one of my most favorite spoiled cards so far.

I have to agree. This is right up there with Test Run. Please be 1 influence! Please be 1 influence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Killjoy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It has to say more than just the word "break" on the second line. The first line seems a good guess.

Whenever you break (a subroutine on a)
piece of ice, you may (??????????????)
1 additional subroutine (???????)

It could end up just saying:

Whenever you break a subroutine on a
piece of ice, you may pay 1C to break
1 additional subroutine on that ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:
This card is amazing and seems like a guaranteed splash into Kate. Even if it is installed on a piece of ice, slap it on Creeper (1 credit to strengthen, 2 credits to break) and that is a very solid sentry killer.

Slow down, cowboy. We still don't know what's the disadvantage of Creeper. It looks like the MU cost goes up if you have less than two Link.

More important, now that we have the image, we can get a better estimate of the wording.

Whenever you break [.1.]
piece of ICE, you may [.2.]
1 additional subroutine [.3.]

I agree that there's a good chance that 1 is "a subroutine on" and that 3 is "for free". The question is, what is 2? It is too long to be just "break". I suspect that it might say "you may -pay 1[Credit] to break-". Which means that e3 Feedback Implant is weaker than we think, making Pipline, Aurora and Creeper just slightly better, and Bioroids weaker.

EDIT: ninja'ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Killjoy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh, we made basically the same post at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayKilljoy wrote:
Heh, we made basically the same post at the same time.

Hence my edit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.