Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- Do both stones placed need to be adjacent to a settlement?

i.e. After placing a stone next to a settlement, can I place my 2nd stone next to the other stone even if it's not next to any of my settlements?

Along the same lines, and I'm sure I know the answer to this, but...

- If there is just one available spot to place a stone (due to the selected land type and/or settlement adjacency rule), is it possible to place a 2nd stone somewhere else on the board if it's not adjacent to a settlement? I'm sure the answer is no, but I'm just verifying.

Initially, we were playing stones like settlements, but I realized that the rules are slightly different since stones are not in themselves settlements....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story.
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the wording we interpreted it that both stones had to be played adjacent to your settlements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Based on the wording we interpreted it that both stones had to be played adjacent to your settlements.

That's what I thought...

Thanks for the confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth; we've played that you have to place both stones adjacent to your settlements, but not to each other. The wording on the Dutch card could be a bit different though.

The idea of the stones is, IMO, to break up your settlements. The stones are not a seperate faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mfaulk80 wrote:
- Do both stones placed need to be adjacent to a settlement?

i.e. After placing a stone next to a settlement, can I place my 2nd stone next to the other stone even if it's not next to any of my settlements?

Along the same lines, and I'm sure I know the answer to this, but...

- If there is just one available spot to place a stone (due to the selected land type and/or settlement adjacency rule), is it possible to place a 2nd stone somewhere else on the board if it's not adjacent to a settlement? I'm sure the answer is no, but I'm just verifying.

Each stone has to be placed adjacent to one or more of your settlements. Place them one at a time. If there is no such spot on the board, you don't get to place a stone. The two stones you place in a turn don't have to be near each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.