Subject: Question regarding the Artillery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marco vazquez
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Played this game a couple of times and it's great! I have a question regarding the Artillery. It says under the victory Conditions that all bombed cards are captured by the players the bombed them. However, it says trump cards and sacrificed cards that are played face down are not affected by the artillery bombing.

This is like saying two different things at once. Meaning all cards are bombed if they are played face up but not bombed if they are played face down. Am I'm understanding the rules right?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Wilde
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If a trump is played on a flank against artilery the highest trump wins i.e. artilery is cancelled by the trump.

Trump always cancels the effect of artilery, and cavalry.

Hope this helps, Karl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Isn't artillery resolved first though? Therefore trump and thown-off cards are "protected" by not being face-up, but a trump doesn't "take" an artillery. The rules specifically state that the bombed cards are removed right before the battle is resolved (which is when trump comes into play).

Nevermind! I misread the answer. Just to clarify, and expand on what I originally wrote, a trump *is* protected by the artillery fire, and, since artillery is only a value-4 card, would lose to any value trump played against it when the battle is resolved (and the trump card is shown). A throw-off card effectively cancels an artillery as well, since it will block the "bomb" -- it won't win the trick, but it could allow you to pass points to your partner if they're winning the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.