Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

SYNOPSIS
One of my good friends often comes over to play games; we generally play something one-on-one, but my wife is up for playing frequently. This time we chose Monsters Menace America – a game neither of us has pulled out in a few years. My friend and I are avid gamers; my wife enjoys playing, but is more selective of what and when she will play. She doesn’t like this game, I should mention.

SETUP
3 Players Game
Myself: Megaclaw, Marines
Friend: Toxicor, Navy
Wife: Tomangi, Air Force

SESSION
My friend goes first and he places Toxicor on the west coast where he can go about visiting all the mutation locations, and stomping a few high hp cities. I place MegaClaw in the middle, and work at stomping infamy sites with the occasional hp city. My wife starts out on the eastern seaboard and works on destroying our nation’s first colonies and possessors of great hp.

My friend uses his navy to start sending cruise missiles at my wife and I. He gets a few military research cards, but nothing pivotal. I build up the marines quickly and load up on military research; notably Mecha-Monster, Scientific Anaylsis, Laser Fence, Defense Satellites, and AntiMatter. I don’t end up attacking with my marines until near the end of the game. My wife gets control of the National Guard and starts attacking my friend with a degree of regularity (I being the lowest perceivable threat; yea me!)

THE CLIMAX
Well, I’ve been getting my face beat in by my friend who almost sent me to Hollywood, but I now have a boat load of infamy, and I’m feeling like I can sneak a win out. My brilliant strategy?: Force the game end where I can surprisingly take control of the Monster Challenge and use all my infamy to turn Toxicor into a bloody pancake of death, before my friend even gets a chance to roll dice – then, with the health of Toxicor added to mine, my wife is going to go down down down to china town. Suffice it to say, I used the Laser Fence to delay my friend from getting the last stomp token. This allowed my wife to stomp the last city for health, and then I moved in to claim a Challenge Site. Mwahahahaaha

THE RESULT
Toxicor survived my infamy onslaught with just 2 health and then proceeded to take revenge with consecutive smashes. I finally kill Tox, but the damage was done, and even with his health added to mine, I was too weak against my wife. She turned me around and beat my rear end in with roll after roll. But eureka! I still had Mecha-Monster. Well, he died. Shamelessly. My wife rolled her dice and Mecha got pounded into a little can of SPAM. He’s shelved in some backwater grocery store out in the mid-West now.

PARTING THOUGHTS
My wife doesn’t gloat, but if she did, it looks something like walking away from the table to go bake some cookies, and leaving my friend and I to clean up the game. Dang it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.