4 Posts

Days of Decision III» Forums » Rules

Subject: Surrender and conquest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
French is about to fall in a game of ours, and I am trying to make sense of the conquest and surrender rules. Most importantly, I am trying to understand what happens concerning political effectiveness. Here are a few possible scenarios. What happens to the PE of the involved major powers in those different scenarios?

1. Germany captures Paris and installs a Vichy Regime by playing the French FR5 card.
2. Same as 1, except Italy has captured some hexes in Southern France.
3. Same as 1, except it is France herself that plays the card.
4. Germany conquers Paris and all French factories in Metropolitan France. France becomes incompletely conquered.
5. Same as 4, except Italy has captured some hexes in France, as well.
6. France looses more than half her factories in Metropolitan France and plays her FR5 to declare herself incompletely conquered.
7. Same as 6, except Italy has captured some hexes in southern France.
8. France plays her FR5 to declare herself completely conquered to Germany.
9. Same as 8, but Italy has captured some hexes in Metropolitan France and Japan has captured some hexes in French Indochina.

Any input you can give me here would be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adamukk wrote:
French is about to fall in a game of ours, and I am trying to make sense of the conquest and surrender rules. Most importantly, I am trying to understand what happens concerning political effectiveness. Here are a few possible scenarios. What happens to the PE of the involved major powers in those different scenarios?

1. Germany captures Paris and installs a Vichy Regime by playing the French FR5 card.
2. Same as 1, except Italy has captured some hexes in Southern France.
3. Same as 1, except it is France herself that plays the card.
4. Germany conquers Paris and all French factories in Metropolitan France. France becomes incompletely conquered.
5. Same as 4, except Italy has captured some hexes in France, as well.
6. France looses more than half her factories in Metropolitan France and plays her FR5 to declare herself incompletely conquered.
7. Same as 6, except Italy has captured some hexes in southern France.
8. France plays her FR5 to declare herself completely conquered to Germany.
9. Same as 8, but Italy has captured some hexes in Metropolitan France and Japan has captured some hexes in French Indochina.

Any input you can give me here would be welcome.

1. Fr -1, Ge +1
2. Fr - 2, Ge +1, It +1 (since Vichy surrender must be to all MPs)
3. same as point 1.
4. same as point 1 (unless Fr decides to surrender as well in which case this would be added to provisions in point 1 to give -2 / +2)
5. same as point 2 (again unless Fr surrenders in which case it would be -4 / +2 / +2)
6. as per point 1
7. as per point 2
8. theoretically as per point 1 - but I can't see Germany ever achieving this on its own.
9. Still unlikely but Fr -2, Ge +1, It +1 (Ja gets nothing because it needs to have units inside Metropolitan France)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
nailsworthnobby wrote:
1. Fr -1, Ge +1
2. Fr - 2, Ge +1, It +1 (since Vichy surrender must be to all MPs)
3. same as point 1.
4. same as point 1 (unless Fr decides to surrender as well in which case this would be added to provisions in point 1 to give -2 / +2)
5. same as point 2 (again unless Fr surrenders in which case it would be -4 / +2 / +2)
6. as per point 1
7. as per point 2
8. theoretically as per point 1 - but I can't see Germany ever achieving this on its own.
9. Still unlikely but Fr -2, Ge +1, It +1 (Ja gets nothing because it needs to have units inside Metropolitan France)

In case 4, how would France decide to surrender? How is that different from declaring yourself incompletely conquered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

It's a good question - the only way I can see this would happen is for France to have lost control of more than half its home country factories and in the political phase choose to surrender - playing FR5 and losing as much territory as is under the control of the enemy MPs. However, they are also incompletely conquered (because over half their factories are conquered) so France then suffers the effect of WiFFE 13.7.1.

Thus the PE levels are affected by both the political surrender and also the incomplete conquest. The only advantage I can see for France would be to "close off" the unoccupied part of Metropolitan France and prevent Germany (and Italy) from seizing more territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.