Subject: Do you pay the person you are using a proxy fight on? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amarjit .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
Lets say Player A has a card you wish to "acquire" using a proxy fight card - you need to pay the cost times (x) the value of the proxy fight card.

But who actually gets the money?

In the rules it says to discard it, but when we played it we noticed that people could lose big amounts of money and we felt that the person who is receiving a proxy fight should be getting the money for it.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems ridiculous to me that the money actually goes to the bank - if I play this again I may well try the variant of paying the player - that seems to be the fair and thematic way to do things.

Perhaps though, the discard route is the way it is supposed to be. On Reorganization you have to protect your most valuable assets behind cheaper corporations? To be honest I found the game a little dry and I'm not sure I want to bother experimenting with this to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't pay the person you took the card from, without overpaying or making change. Suppose I buy a card from the middle, I proxy fight a card from the player on my right, I proxy fight a card from the player on my left, and I do a reorg. I turn in 1, 3, 5, 8 of triangles for $64. Which cards do I give to whom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zardon wrote:
In the rules it says to discard it, but when we played it we noticed that people could lose big amounts of money and we felt that the person who is receiving a proxy fight should be getting the money for it.

Does the card say "Proxy Be Nice" or "Proxy Give Them Money"?

It says Fight, it's supposed to be harsh. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.