Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miles Pearson
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Would anyone be able to tell me if the 'Charlemagne' Solitaire Scenario has any special rules which dictate how the Byzantine Empire are controlled?

I can see from the rulebook that "In the solitaire version the player controls the Frankish Empire", but I can't spot any guidance RE the Byzantines. Is there some form of 'AI' for the Byzantine Empire which I'm missing, or is it just a case of having to play on behalf of both sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I took it as the Byzantines are static and dont get a turn. Then at the end of the game you win or lose by comparison with the Byzantines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I took it as playing the Byzantine Empire as you would a normal player, and not cheat of course. It did not make sense to keep the Roman Empire static for all those years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Pearson
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
OK thanks- I hadn't thought of leaving them as static. Unfortunately no fancy AI to play against then cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they are far enough away from the Frankish Kingdom to almost play another solitaire game ... sort of. They don't interact much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.