Popular Tags: [View All]
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, let's imagine.
I've all cities in Poland. I bought FluxGenerator.
May I buy only uranium to FluxGenerator? I suppose that not, because it'll be like nuclear power plant...
But what if I buy 2 uranium and sth else... Is it alright to generate energy for Poland?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting question! I'd guess that the intention is that you can't use any uranium to make power, because it's surely using it for a nuclear reaction, even if you're not purely uranium without other resources. But I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we'll wait for official answer.
It's near Christmas time, so I hope that it won't be long waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a difficult question really. The Flux generator is not a nuclear plant per se, but it can run on nuclear therefore one could argue that it is or at least can be a nuclear plant.

Thus my gut feel would be that you probably should be allowed to buy it, but whilst your network is purely within a non-nuclear area, then you would not be allowed to power the Flux Generator with nuclear

Once you have expanded your network to include areas that allow nuclear power then, of course, you can do what you want.

This brings up the side issue of purchasing nuclear, with straight nuclear power plants this is a not an option, because you are not allowed to buy the power plant, you can't buy the nuclear to power them. My personal ruling would be whilst your network is wholly within a non-nuclear area then you would not be able to purchase nuclear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very logical.

I feel, that it would not be OK. to use nuclear in Fluxgenerator at non-nuclear area.

But why I can't buy it? Every power station can store some fuel for future. So I plan expand for new areas, where nuclear is not prohibited, and I need this nuclear, because it has low price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WRSZS wrote:
I feel, that it would not be OK. to use nuclear in Fluxgenerator at non-nuclear area.

But why I can't buy it? Every power station can store some fuel for future. So I plan expand for new areas, where nuclear is not prohibited, and I need this nuclear, because it has low price...

Well, it depends what the intent of the real-world nuclear laws are, I suppose. Since Flux Generators don't exist in the real world, it's a bit hard to say whether the law would forbid stockpiling uranium in the generator if you don't actually use it. I could imagine the intent of the law being that uranium should be nowhere near the Flux Generator to avoid even the risk of the uranium being used (e.g. by mistake, or "just one time because we really need it, this is an exceptional power shortage crisis"). Or that large amounts of uranium are inherently dangerous and undesirable, whether or not you're using them to power a plant or just having them sit around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But rules are from Friedmann Friese :) - so I'm waiting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe send a geekmail to FF and also to Henning who often answers their rule questions...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with fraser's interpretation of the rule. No nuke juice if you're entirely within a non-uke country, even with the flux generator or warehouse cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would count it as a Nuclear power plant for for determining whether or not you can build it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.