Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please share the list you played! Thanks for the sweet A-Wing pics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycho with Push the Limit. I think I may need to buy more stress tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:
Tycho with Push the Limit. I think I may need to buy more stress tokens!

That's why the A-Wing comes with extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Arvel Crynyd the one who flew into the Star Destroyer taking it down in RotJ?
I love how they incorporated his "close combat" nature into the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
Isn't Arvel Crynyd the one who flew into the Star Destroyer taking it down in RotJ?

Also interesting that he can't get elite pilot upgrades - I think he's the only named pilot so far that has that 'feature'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But the Green Squad pilot can. Maybe Arvel Skynyrd just isn't that elite. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

Also interesting that he can't get elite pilot upgrades - I think he's the only named pilot so far that has that 'feature'.

Garven and Biggs in the X-Wings and Horton and Dutch in the Ys can't get elite pilot upgrades. Also, most of the named Tie Fighters can't get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowland Pearce
Australia
Queens Park
Western Australia
flag msg tools
@Mundane: My bad, I had added the link to the maneuver template photo in a post edit, but my internet is down at the moment and I was editing on my phone, and I guess it didn't go through.

@Ursus_Major: I made a post about the event in the Slave-I General thread, seen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
People should be careful not to forget that just because Tycho can perform actions while stressed, he can't attempt a red maneuver while stressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Strange that it can do both 3 and 5 speed koiogran turn but not a 4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably due to space limitations on the maneuver dial, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice... Deadeye will finally convince me to put a Proton Torpedo on Garven Dreis.

*edit* ... if only Garven could use an elite talent. shake

"Noooooooo!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
People should be careful not to forget that just because Tycho can perform actions while stressed, he can't attempt a red maneuver while stressed.

Tycho + Push the limit sounds good, but it is worth 29 points. And once you do 2 actions a couple times and accumulate some stress, you can forget about ever doing a koiogran.

Vader can already perform 2 actions per round (give him push the limit and he can perform 3 occasionally). Vader also costs 29, but he has one more hull point and one more pilot skill. He can still perform a Koiogran after taking two actions.

Though, I guess if Tycho turns and then uses his action to boost a bank in the same direction, that is 3/4s of a 180.

Okay. I'm warming up to the idea. And, half his movement template is green. Literally. 8 Green out of 16 potential moves. Including a green 2 turn. So he can almost pull a 180 and actually remove stress during the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
WEIRD WAR FOR BOLT ACTION
badge
ROBOT TROOPER SAYS LETS KICK IVANS BUTT!
mbmbmbmbmb
tycho with evasive manouvers, he can barrel roll all over the place.

deadeye would be sweet on darth vader, although it makes great pissibilities for a lower pilot skill fighter to fly in out of target lock range, focus, and then lauch torps or missiles when normally they wouldnt be able to.

edit: push the limit would also make him very fast indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
Though, I guess if Tycho turns and then uses his action to boost a bank in the same direction, that is 3/4s of a 180.

Okay. I'm warming up to the idea. And, half his movement template is green. Literally. 8 Green out of 16 potential moves. Including a green 2 turn. So he can almost pull a 180 and actually remove stress during the process.

I was playing around with the idea of boosting the other day, and found that if you have a target in your firing arc at the start of your movement, it's very hard to fail to have it in your firing arc after turning 1 and then boosting in the same direction at bank 1. There's a wedge you can't target in about the same position as the blind spot on a typical passenger car, but it's so small that a ship base won't really fit into it.

Basically I'm going to have to think of new things to do with the A-wing's K-turn (and the Interceptor's), because turn+boost puts pretty much anything squarely into your firing arc.

...and now I'm thinking how much fun it would be to move 5 and evade, then execute a K-turn at 5 and watch your opponent try to turn around to get at you. These things are going to be fun in mixed squads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can't really see a use for Deadeye. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:

Can't really see a use for Deadeye. Am I missing something?

If you placed a target lock on a previous turn you could use a focus token to fire a torpedo or missile and then use the target lock to reroll dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadeye greatly increases your flexibility. You can shoot a missile at anyone (you don't have to know during the action phase who you want to shoot), or you could hold the focus token for defense if it turns out you need it for that more. Or you might end up too close to or far from your target to use missiles, so you could use the focus token to aid your primary weapon shot instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:
Deadeye greatly increases your flexibility. You can shoot a missile at anyone (you don't have to know during the action phase who you want to shoot), or you could hold the focus token for defense if it turns out you need it for that more. Or you might end up too close to or far from your target to use missiles, so you could use the focus token to aid your primary weapon shot instead.

Yes, Deadeye is pretty cool at only 1 point. It makes you far less predictable of an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:

This,

Particularly with lower skilled pilots, say the A-wing Green squadron, a set of high skill pilots may not come into range until after you move. The turn after you will probably be in range 1 or 2 making the missiles less exciting. So Dead-eye allows low skill pilots (those capable of taking elite skills) to fire off missiles when they are the most effective. Sadly it doesn't help the Y-wings as they can't take the skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Deadeye allows for a cool tweak to Trench Run scenarios--can't target lock the exhaust port.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
cfmcdonald wrote:

This,

Particularly with lower skilled pilots, say the A-wing Green squadron, a set of high skill pilots may not come into range until after you move. The turn after you will probably be in range 1 or 2 making the missiles less exciting. So Dead-eye allows low skill pilots (those capable of taking elite skills) to fire off missiles when they are the most effective. Sadly it doesn't help the Y-wings as they can't take the skill.

Oh, interesting. I didn't realize that the Green Squadron Pilot could take Elite Talent upgrades (odd that Green Leader cannot take them but the generics can), so I thought the only candidates for Deadeye would have been the 8-9 Skill pilots (Wedge, Luke, Tycho, et al) all of whom move and take their Action fairly late in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
tranenturm wrote:
cfmcdonald wrote:

This,

Oh, interesting. I didn't realize that the Green Squadron Pilot could take Elite Talent upgrades (odd that Green Leader cannot take them but the generics can), so I thought the only candidates for Deadeye would have been the 8-9 Skill pilots (Wedge, Luke, Tycho, et al) all of whom move and take their Action fairly late in the turn.

I think with Green Leader being the first designated rammer, they probably decided to play it safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.