TransAmerica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vexation track over double-cost links rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
When placing Vexation variant colored track over double-cost links, do players give up one stick or two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a stick, though colored, so it is the only one you place on your turn, that's all. You don't give up anything.

(I guess that by "give up" you meant discard one other stick?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
When placing Vexation variant colored track over double-cost links, do players give up one stick or two?
from my copy of the rules:

The game follows the same rules as the basic game. However, in addition to shared black railroad tracks each player may use his own colored tracks up to three times during the course of the game. These tracks are placed according to the basic rules.

It's such a simple game I did puzzle how you got confused. Looking more closely I wonder if perhaps you are looking at the words "in addition to shared black railroad tracks..." and thinking it adds to an individual turn?

Colored tracks simply substitute for black ones on your turn. The phrasing here is that "colored tracks are used in addition to the population of black tracks."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And perhaps crucially, even though building over a double link costs both your two actions, you only place one stick, coloured or black, when doing so.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
And perhaps crucially, even though building over a double link costs both your two actions, you only place one stick, coloured or black, when doing so.
Hmmm. Yes. I assessed that he was working too hard on a simple rule, and then perhaps worked too hard myself to guess the source of his confusion. I originally took your statement as a given and went off from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Just seeking confirmation. We had a bit of rules lawyering last night with it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume, you may place 2 colored tracks on a turn? Either end-to-end or in 2 non-sequential spaces also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan wrote:
I assume, you may place 2 colored tracks on a turn? Either end-to-end or in 2 non-sequential spaces also?

As per the basic track laying rules, yes.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.