Subject: London double city rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charles mayell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
This is the first time I have bought one of the expansions. What are the implications of the doubling in London (i.e. 2x10; 2x15; 2 x20)? The rules don't seem to cover it explicitly.

Am I right in thinking that in Step 1 it is still the case that only one player can make a London connection or have London as their starting city? But when a second connection to London is possible that the doubling means that it only costs that player 10 instead of 15?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Following other expansions, you should see London as two cities linked by a costless connection. In the first phase, a player can play both 10E space, or two players can play a 10E space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite. London counts as two cities, with a zero connection cost between them. So two players can make a connection for 10, or even the same player can take both 10 connections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
styren wrote:
In the first phase, a player can play both 10E space, or two players can play a 10E space.

10€? We have stubbornly resisted joining the Euro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagpuss42 wrote:
styren wrote:
In the first phase, a player can play both 10E space, or two players can play a 10E space.

10€? We have stubbornly resisted joining the Euro.

10 Electro, the currency of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Let's get things straight. London is depicted as a single city (quite unlike Paris that is clearly shown as three) and certainly not as two 'cities' with a no-cost link between them. Furthermore all connections out of London are available to any player with a power station in it (once again unlike Paris where each separate power station can exit via only 2 or 3 links).

So this means, for example, that two different players can be present on the two 10 electro slots and it will be against the rules for a single player to occupy both of them.

The only 'problem' rule is the main one that states no player may start the game in the same 'city' as another. But the unique design of London didn't exist then.

Of course, Friedemann might totally disagree with everything I have said above but he can't be right all the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Carver wrote:
Of course, Friedemann might totally disagree with everything I have said above but he can't be right all the time!

Hi Derek,

not only Friedemann but also Henning completely disagree

Both Eric and Richard have the correct answers:
"Following other expansions, you should see London as two cities linked by a costless connection. In the first phase, a player can play both 10E space, or two players can play a 10E space."

Best regards,

Henning
(2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Oh dear Henning. Well, I always say that nothing is totally perfect in life, including game rules!

Derek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Carver wrote:
Oh dear Henning. Well, I always say that nothing is totally perfect in life, including game rules!

And interpretations of the meaning of life, including game rules!

whistle

Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Furthermore all connections out of London are available to any player with a power station in it (once again unlike Paris where each separate power station can exit via only 2 or 3 links)

Huh? Not according to the France/Italy expansion rules: http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_156_gameRule.... The connection cost between the Paris cities is 0, so each station can exit through any Paris link, as long as the corresponding region is in play.

Unless you mean all links lead to London (I won't have the map until Saturday)? But if so, that seems like a semantic point, not a functional difference, unless there is some rule I am unaware of that makes London work like starting cities on the Japan map, or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René van Bussel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Furthermore all connections out of London are available to any player with a power station in it (once again unlike Paris where each separate power station can exit via only 2 or 3 links)

Well:

Henning wrote:
Both Eric and Richard have the correct answers:
"Following other expansions, you should see London as two cities linked by a costless connection. In the first phase, a player can play both 10E space, or two players can play a 10E space."

It seems clear to me that both Paris (3 cities) and London (2 cities) work the same. Also note that you can always 'skip' a (full) city, and that skipping a 0 cost connection isn't really expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.