Subject: 2 player game: build without spending an action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mc Bly
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everybody!

I've played the game a few times with two and three players and it's been a lot of fun, but we have a rules doubt.

When playing with two you must spend one action to build. Also in the rules it says that in any moment of your turn you can discard any number of cards and obtain its benefits.

As I understand it, you can take a regular action (fill souks, move the overseer, take gold...) and after that, play the "build without paying camels" or/and "build without paying gold" card and build.

Thinking about it, seems a little overpowered. Did I understand it correctly or should we play this kind of "building discount" cards along with a dedicated "build action" rather than after a regular action?

Appreciate your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
piernaslocas wrote:
Hi everybody!

I've played the game a few times with two and three players and it's been a lot of fun, but we have a rules doubt.

When playing with two you must spend one action to build. Also in the rules it says that in any moment of your turn you can discard any number of cards and obtain its benefits.

As I understand it, you can take a regular action (fill souks, move the overseer, take gold...) and after that, play the "build without paying camels" or/and "build without paying gold" card and build.

Thinking about it, seems a little overpowered. Did I understand it correctly or should we play this kind of "building discount" cards along with a dedicated "build action" rather than after a regular action?

Appreciate your help.

These two cards are not "actions" by them selves. They only allow you to "not pay" those two types of "currency" when you do the build action. So it is not another build action but to be used during your build action for the turn. In essence, think of it as you camels or gold for the turn and having just what you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you can only use those building discount cards if you chose to use your turn as a building action. I think this is how it is interpreted on yucata.de, too. However, I'm no expert so I'm interested to see comments.

*Thanks, Brian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Bly
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
It seems we've been playing wrong... and this explains the high numbers (130+ ) we were scoring in our two player games.
I think the game is going to be more balanced with this correction.

Thanks Brian and Kathy for the quick answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.