Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Gordish
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please sign my HeroQuest Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/hasbro-and-games-workshop-p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey 440 signatures. That's...

...not awesome.

Seriously though; while it would be cool, I doubt GW/Citadel/Hasbro/whoever has the rights cares enough. If GW is in control of the license, there is much more support for a Warhammer Quest remake and they've been pretty quiet on that front (though I am fairly excited about the IOS WHQ app coming "this spring", as it is a good sign they know they have a winner still).

EDIT: saw actual number of signatures, was still unimpressed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milton Bradley, now owned by Hasbro, has the rights to Hero Quest. GW once licensed some art, figures, and fluff (Fimir being a big one). (Only the EU branch of MB currently owns the trademark.) Whether that license was permanently or teporarily bought is speculation. MB continued to produce Hero Quest for a time after the GW/MB split, but most likely slow sales ended the run. New material was produced free of the original license at that time, including the Elf and Barbarian Quest Packs.

Hasbro's recent response to a petition that changed the color of the Easybake Oven inspired this petition. This power may or may not extend to interest in a Hero Quest petition, but the only way to find out is to do it. MB's realease of the Nostalgia Edition games proves they will re-release a game if it is thought popular enough.

Perhaps more importantly, Axis and Allies continues to be produced by Avalon Hill, now a subsiderary of WotC, which is in turn owned by Hasbro. WotC could also produce Hero Quest for a more specialized market. That isn't likely while the D&D Boardgames are doing well, unless the suits take notice of a seperate nostalgia market. 2000 signatures is just a step in the right direction, but it opens new possiblilies. Otherwise, the good-luck-with-that reaction will most likely keep Hero Quest off of production indefinitely.

I can offer an anecdotal story here. I remember reading somewhere, either here or on another forum, about a BGG/Heroscapers member who was gaming friends with the two heads at the creative game design branch at MB. A couple years back he asked about the likelyhood of Hero Quest being released again. They expressed good memories and a desire to do so, but limited the likelyhood to a 50/50 maybe. I can live with those odds. In fact, I think they can be tipped in our favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Lic
Mexico
MTY NL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got thrilled when heard about the 25th edition, a pity they cancelled it.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1039647/heroquest-25th-anive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.