Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Millard
United States
St Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeks:

I am still searching for somewhere / someone who can tell me if AIW lives on; i.e., plans for development? Rights ownership, etc.?

I have never lost my love of the PB/PL/AIW system, despite the apparent 'failure' of the game[s] in the marketing realm. I still hope to contribute to AIW in particular, adding scenarios/maps/counters - but do not intend to either encounter copyright infringement, nor duplicate someone's work.

Any help appreciated - thanks!

~Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I have heard so far (and I do not consider myself the most informed man on Earth, or not even close), the only thing that is in development is a western-theater version of the newest Panzerblitz Hill of Death game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
As far as I have heard so far (and I do not consider myself the most informed man on Earth, or not even close), the only thing that is in development is a western-theater version of the newest Panzerblitz Hill of Death game.

Correction - Eastern theater. I'm the designer on that - which doesn't make me the "most informed man on Earth" either, but I know 2 or 3 things. No more

Hasbro likely owns AIW, along with most of the AH catalog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim W
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's not likely given the rate of production and development at MMP.

If you're interested in this period and scale, you could pick up Sands of War. It's at the same scale (250 meters, platoons). Battles range from ww2 up until Gulf War 1991. Battles are desert so they take place in Middle East, North Africa, Iraq, Iran.

Upcoming from Avalanche Press is Panzer Grenadier (Modern):
1967: Sword of Israel. 200m and platoon level. This series will expand in the future so it should be more varied than Sands of War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Writing your own scenarios can hardly be a violation of copyright, especially if you're not making money. And even if you were... I'd love to see what you came up with. I've just started playing the game and am looking forward to trying all of the scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
St Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AIW: alternates?
warstudent wrote:
It's not likely given the rate of production and development at MMP.

If you're interested in this period and scale, you could pick up Sands of War. It's at the same scale (250 meters, platoons). Battles range from ww2 up until Gulf War 1991. Battles are desert so they take place in Middle East, North Africa, Iraq, Iran.

Upcoming from Avalanche Press is Panzer Grenadier (Modern):
1967: Sword of Israel. 200m and platoon level. This series will expand in the future so it should be more varied than Sands of War

I found I don't particularly care for Panzer Grenadier. I can't really put my finger on it, but I'd rather see a fine-tuning of AIW.

Will have to check out Sands of War ... but being a furlough victim, I am more likely to sell than buy. soblue

Back to the A-4 variant scenario! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neopeius wrote:
Writing your own scenarios can hardly be a violation of copyright, especially if you're not making money.

BGG is stuffed with scenarios and variants for in-print games, never mind 30+ year old games. Go for it.

I never found AIW particularly interesting. If I'm still alive after Panzerblitz: East Front is completed, I may want to do a North Africa version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.