Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When Germany aligns one of the minors, when does Germany lose the from the USSR? Immediately or in the next turn?

Thanks in advance.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
Immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Wendell

I take your WiF word as law . But my opponents might have a different opinion as this ruling goes against their reading of the rules. Do you have a rules reference?

T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mb
5.1 is the reference on the trade agreements. It doesn't state explicitly when you stop the resource.

However, sequence of play makes a pretty damn strong case that the reduction in resources occurs on the current turn not the next turn. Axis minors will be aligned during the course of the turn in a DOW step, either the German one (voluntary alignment), or because of an Allied DOW. In any case, this occurs before resources are transported and before that turn's production phase.

I think you are approaching this debate in the wrong direction. Your opponent should prove to you why the resource is not immediately lost to the USSR. There isn't anything in 5.1 that says "when Germany aligns Rumania, the USSR on the FOLLOWING TURN reduces the resources it supplies to Germany."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
msg tools
Hi,

Following your argument, Wendell, then the resources would be lost, and are not to be kept by Russia?

If you lend BP and then your not able to deliver them, then they are lost. But in the rules nothing is stated about resources that cannot be delivered. Is it the same as Bp and hence the russians will not be able to use the "should be provided" resource.

Yours,

Jesper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pectin wrote:
Hi,

Following your argument, Wendell, then the resources would be lost, and are not to be kept by Russia?

If you lend BP and then your not able to deliver them, then they are lost. But in the rules nothing is stated about resources that cannot be delivered. Is it the same as Bp and hence the russians will not be able to use the "should be provided" resource.

Yours,

Jesper

Nope. Lending and trade agreements aren't identical; the resource would NOT be lost to the USSR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.