$10.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Partisan numbers in 1939 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules reference:
"Roll another die for each eligible country and compare it to that
country’s partisan number (in the fist symbol on the map). If an
unconquered country was neutral at any time in the calendar year,
halve its partisan number."


Does this mean partisan numbers are halved in 1939 for India, Burma,... as they were neutral at start?

Thanks in advance.

T.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
No because they weren't conquered in 1939.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dursten wrote:
If an unconquered country was neutral at any time in the calendar year,halve its partisan number."[/i]

Does this mean partisan numbers are halved in 1939 for India, Burma,... as they were neutral at start?

T.


At the risk of disagreeing with Wendel, I think that you are correct.

They were neutral at the start and they are currently unconquered. This is a new one to me though, but there are not many partisan rolls in 1939 that would cause it to come up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimes wrote:
dursten wrote:
If an unconquered country was neutral at any time in the calendar year,halve its partisan number."[/i]

Does this mean partisan numbers are halved in 1939 for India, Burma,... as they were neutral at start?

T.


At the risk of disagreeing with Wendel, I think that you are correct.

They were neutral at the start and they are currently unconquered. This is a new one to me though, but there are not many partisan rolls in 1939 that would cause it to come up.


Hm, you may be right by the rules as written though I suspect that isn't the intent. Why the people of Burma, Korea, Dutch East Indies, French Indochina etc should be much angrier about long-standing British, Japanese, Dutch, French colonial rule in January 1940 than December 1939, I dunno!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least one hex has to be enemy occupied to get partisan rolls.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
msg tools
mb
In India and other red partisan countries, everybody is an enemy. So since India is CW controlled, the indian partisan thinks of CW as the enemy. Hence it gets controlled by an axis player. When/If India is conquered by e.g. Japan, then the partisan shift to being against Japanese occupation.


Yours,

Jesper
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
msg tools
mb
wifwendell wrote:
Hm, you may be right by the rules as written though I suspect that isn't the intent. Why the people of Burma, Korea, Dutch East Indies, French Indochina etc should be much angrier about long-standing British, Japanese, Dutch, French colonial rule in January 1940 than December 1939, I dunno!


Are the countries you speak of is conquered. Arent they all aligned?

Yours,

Jesper
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pectin wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Hm, you may be right by the rules as written though I suspect that isn't the intent. Why the people of Burma, Korea, Dutch East Indies, French Indochina etc should be much angrier about long-standing British, Japanese, Dutch, French colonial rule in January 1940 than December 1939, I dunno!


Are the countries you speak of is conquered. Arent they all aligned?

Yours,

Jesper


Yep they are all aligned, I don't think I said they were conquered.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.