Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Village» Forums » Rules

Subject: what happens if the oldest family member is still inside the black bag? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Fiorucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,
last night i was playing village with my gaming group: i love it so much, play it almost once per week and, until yesterday, never had a problem with the rules. Now, i have a doubt: what happens if i have to kill a member of my family and the oldest one is still inside the black bag (because he's not being introduced into church yet)? And then: where do i have to bury him? He's not inside the church yet...
here's what i think:
1) I guess that, in that situation, it's the one who's still inside the bag to die... the rules say you have to kill the oldest ones.
2) I guess that he should be buried in the graveyard near the church..

let me know what your thoughts are,
thanks in advance,
regards,
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
pablo83 wrote:
Hi everyone,
last night i was playing village with my gaming group: i love it so much, play it almost once per week and, until yesterday, never had a problem with the rules. Now, i have a doubt: what happens if i have to kill a member of my family and the oldest one is still inside the black bag (because he's not being introduced into church yet)? And then: where do i have to bury him? He's not inside the church yet...
here's what i think:
1) I guess that, in that situation, it's the one who's still inside the bag to die... the rules say you have to kill the oldest ones.
2) I guess that he should be buried in the graveyard near the church..

let me know what your thoughts are,
thanks in advance,
regards,
Pablo

From the rules:

A dying family member must be visible at the time of his death. This means that he must be either on the game board or on your farmyard. Family members still in the black bag cannot die, nor can ones that have not yet entered play.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is only way to cheat death
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miloboy wrote:
this is only way to cheat death

This is no cheating!

The collection box (black bag) is under the hand of god!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Fiorucci
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hi everyone!
sorry, i didn't notice it in the rules. Now i've found a way to cheat death
Thanks to all of you,
regards,
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
pablo83 wrote:
hi everyone!
sorry, i didn't notice it in the rules. Now i've found a way to cheat death
Thanks to all of you,
regards,
Pablo

IIRC it's not in all versions of the rules for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Riddle
United States
Leesburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
umm, you can't cheat death.
you still have to kill someone. it has to be your oldest visible family member.
so, if you have a year 1 guy in the church bag, and a year 2 guy in the Council, your year 2 guy will die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddle13 wrote:
umm, you can't cheat death.
you still have to kill someone. it has to be your oldest visible family member.
so, if you have a year 1 guy in the church bag, and a year 2 guy in the Council, your year 2 guy will die.

If you've a very good timing (especially at the beginning of the game) it is possible that no one dies.
Try to start like this: consume a lot of time, let 1 member die and trigger the second death by going to the black bag with your third member in the bag.

Remark: very strange in this game: marriage and getting children still works with no family members on the board... all under the hand of god devildevil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Einsiedler wrote:

Remark: very strange in this game: marriage and getting children still works with no family members on the board... all under the hand of god devildevil

You mean you don't torrent your children?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.