$10.00
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my box today, was excited to open it, but about 20 of my Mansion cards were stuck together. I was able to get them apart, but not without damaging the cards and marking them. I took some pictures and contacted customer service right away asking about replacements for the damaged cards. Just wondering what I should expect as far as friendliness, promptness etc. if anybody out there has had to deal with them before.

Edit: changed the title of the thread to be more descriptive. Original title was "How is Bandai customer service," and the answer is, at least for this game, that they are quick and friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: how is Bandai customer service?
One of my older sets was missing a card and they sent a replacement VERY quickly. I was impressed with their service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did get a response right away (from the designer, no less). I told him the names of the cards that were damaged, and that's the last I've heard so far. If I remember, I'll update this when the replacements arrive.

EDIT: The replacements arrived today. Good, prompt service. Unfortunately, the replacement cards (which were nicely packaged in hard protective cases) looked like they'd had the same issue that the originals had. This makes me think it might have been a widespread manufacturing error. I've heard this happens when cards are packaged while the ink is still damp. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother requesting replacement cards for the replacement cards. I was able to pick out the least damaged ones from the two sets I now have and touch them up a bit with a pilot pen to make it less noticeable, especially under sleeves (helps that the card backs are so dark).

Has anybody else experienced problems with cards sticking together or showing signs of damage? They were MA-095 through MA-098, essentially the last set of cards in the box (maybe the last ones to come off the press?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Regs
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did have a problem with my Mercenaries set.

My Red executioner was badly creased, making it very clearly marked. There was another minor error with a "Melee" card that I didn't have a huge problem with but I decided I'd try to kill two birds with one stone.

I contacted Bandai, and was taken care of by Tylar Allinder (Designer). It took less than 15 days for me to receive replacement cards.

So like you said, good prompt service.

Sorry I can't speak about cards sticking together. Did not happen with my set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylar Allinder

California
msg tools
kittenhoarder wrote:
I did get a response right away (from the designer, no less). I told him the names of the cards that were damaged, and that's the last I've heard so far. If I remember, I'll update this when the replacements arrive.

EDIT: The replacements arrived today. Good, prompt service. Unfortunately, the replacement cards (which were nicely packaged in hard protective cases) looked like they'd had the same issue that the originals had. This makes me think it might have been a widespread manufacturing error. I've heard this happens when cards are packaged while the ink is still damp. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother requesting replacement cards for the replacement cards. I was able to pick out the least damaged ones from the two sets I now have and touch them up a bit with a pilot pen to make it less noticeable, especially under sleeves (helps that the card backs are so dark).

Has anybody else experienced problems with cards sticking together or showing signs of damage? They were MA-095 through MA-098, essentially the last set of cards in the box (maybe the last ones to come off the press?).

Hi Byron,

Can you send me a few images of exactly what you are talking about? After sleeving the cards, I noticed no issue at all, so it may have occured while in transit.

Let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tylar_Bandai wrote:
Hi Byron,

Can you send me a few images of exactly what you are talking about? After sleeving the cards, I noticed no issue at all, so it may have occured while in transit.

Let me know!

Hi Tylar,

Sure. In fact, I'll post them here, so that everybody knows what I'm talking about. I wasn't planning to request another set of replacement cards since, after touching the backs of some of the cards up with a black pen before sleeving, I've been able to get them to where they are not badly visibly marked during play. I would, however, be curious to hear if this is a widespread issue or a fluke coincidence, since I'm working on a review of the game.

TBQH, in person, the damage seemed pretty hard to miss. Several of the replacement cards (MA-095) were undamaged, but several (MA-098 in particular) were just as bad as my originals. It seems that in both sets, the last few cards showed the most severe damage. I've since picked out the best cards from both sets, so I'm not 100% certain whether it's my originals or the replacements I'm photographing here, but I think I was able to capture the problem clearly. There's a textural difference you can feel (the cards have a grainier quality, and some are slightly warped) and obvious white marks around the edges (both front and back) where a layer of the card has come off during separation. This is different from the worn-looking pattern printed on the card.

Here's a picture of the worst card out of the batch (for reference, it is an MA-098). I think this was one of my originals.

Here are the fronts of two cards I am using in the game after touching up the back with black ink. The one on the right is for comparison, although there's still some slight damage in the upper left corner. I think the one on the left was actually a replacement card. surprise

And here are all of the cards I didn't consider salvageable enough to touch up. Some of these are replacement cards and some are my originals. In the bottom right there is the back of the Red Executioner, which was undamaged, for comparison.

Apologies for my blurry camera and poor photography skills. Hopefully this was an isolated coincidence. The game itself is a lot of fun. A friend who had never played a deck builder before, but likes board games and Resident Evil, said he is now thinking of picking up a copy after playing a game with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylar Allinder

California
msg tools
I find it odd that the cards are damaged. I remember looking very closely at them before I sent them as well. I'll be sure to look through every card I have before sending from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tylar_Bandai wrote:
I find it odd that the cards are damaged. I remember looking very closely at them before I sent them as well. I'll be sure to look through every card I have before sending from now on.

I thought it was odd too! That's why i was worried it was a widespread problem and not just a fluke. I thought it was a weird joke at first, even, especially given how well the cards had been packaged. It is probably just part of my weird string of bad luck with game components. Of the games I received for Christmas, one had a card missing, one had multiple copies of the wrong cards, and one had a misprint on a large number of cards. Before that, the only problems I'd ever had was with a game from artscow. I understand that these things happen on occassion, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Berti
Italy
Reggio Emilia
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a missing cards problem from this set and i've tried two times, both through the form on Bandai Site and with a direct mail, but no answer in more than 3 weeks...not a good customer service so far

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.