Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Craft
United Kingdom
SOUTHSEA
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just woundering what can be done to protect the dice, in particular the black one? seems like the paintr would rub off after a few plays.

Any tips to prevent this from happening? spray some hairspray on them? clear nail varnish?

I dont have these things to hand so would like to only have to enter a shop and buy this thing once for embarassment reducing reasons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I"ve played more than 60 times, and seen no evidence of any problem with the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sphere wrote:
I"ve played more than 60 times, and seen no evidence of any problem with the dice.

You were lucky.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/827108/dice-printing-com...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, we're lucky together. No wear on my dice either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Lazenby
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suppose you could try applying a sealant, like clear lacquer, onto them. I'm not sure how well it would adhere, but it may work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Top-coating the dice would make me worry that their balance would be off. If you don't coat evenly, you may have a die that rolls one way more often than not.

Can't really imagine wearing out the dice, but I guess if you did, might be worth your while to purchase another set from the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Douglass
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
Get that finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Top-coating the dice would make me worry that their balance would be off. If you don't coat evenly, you may have a die that rolls one way more often than not.

Can't really imagine wearing out the dice, but I guess if you did, might be worth your while to purchase another set from the publisher.

As long as it is a thin coat, it shouldn't throw the balance off in any noticeable way (The additional mass added to each side by the thin layer of lacquer will be much less than the mass of the die to begin with, and since a coat will be added to each side the difference will be offset almost completely). The only problem I could see is the lacquer not drying flat and changing the shape of the die, which would affect the randomness of the dice rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.