Subject: Enemy Placement: More enemies than available spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tod C.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't find the direct answer to this, but it seems like something that should come up often. When my 4 mice moved onto a new tile, they took up two of the spaces at the entrance, one of which is an enemy placement space. There are two remaining enemy placement spaces. The encounter card calls for 2 rats and 5 roaches.

The enemy placement spaces only have room for 2 figures each. Should I place the 2 rats first (since they are listed first), then 2 roaches, and then ignore the remainder; or, should I place all of the enemies using additional non-marked spaces as best possible?

In addition, my interpretation of the rules is that the "ledge" between tiles that indicates the explore route is not an actual space, and that the space adjacent to the "ledge" is where to place the mice when they enter a new room. If they can stay on the ledge, then I could add 2 more enemies to greet them right at the entrance, but would still fall short on the entire 7 member group called for on the encounter card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle W.
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Now appearing in Jurassic World! (Not really)
badge
How Me Grimlock get geekgold?
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to four small base figures can fit in a single space at the same time, so if you're adding 2 rats and 5 roaches between two spaces, you'll end up with four on one space and three on the other.

If you put all four of your mice on the one space at the entrance to the tile you'll completely block minions from starting on that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lapuz
United States
Corona
CA
flag msg tools
What if there are two spaces available to place minions. One has a Rat and the other has a Roach. A Surge happens and you have to place a Spider. Where do you place the Spider?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that you don't place the spider, but we play that the spider crushes one of the small minions when it comes in.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
The rules say that you don't place the spider, but we play that the spider crushes one of the small minions when it comes in.

Cameron
That's funny! What a clever house rule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hanft
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group hard modes it, and spawns the extra minions in a space adjacent to the spawn points. We figure Venestra's minions are coordinated enough to not be tripping over each others' feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod C.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Up to four small base figures can fit in a single space at the same time, so if you're adding 2 rats and 5 roaches between two spaces, you'll end up with four on one space and three on the other.

If you put all four of your mice on the one space at the entrance to the tile you'll completely block minions from starting on that space.

In general, yes, but on the particular tile we are on (under the kitchen) the spaces are smaller, so only two fit per tile. Do I still cram 4 into a tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drcurtis wrote:
Woelf wrote:

In general, yes, but on the particular tile we are on (under the kitchen) the spaces are smaller, so only two fit per tile. Do I still cram 4 into a tile?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:

Cameron

Could you cite this, please? The only thing I saw that comes close to this anguage is the following:

Rule Book, page 15 wrote:
If a surge requires minion figures to be placed, and there are not enough of those figures available, place as many as possible and ignore the rest.

But this is about not having enough figures, not a lack of available spaces.

Also didn't see any mention of it in the FAQ.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is ever a situation where you cannot place all minions, just ignore the additional minions that cannot be placed.

Remember that while minions are threatening, the game is usually lost by the hourglass moving onto the end marker. So don't feel bad if a minion or two don't make it to the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
If there is ever a situation where you cannot place all minions, just ignore the additional minions that cannot be placed.

Remember that while minions are threatening, the game is usually lost by the hourglass moving onto the end marker. So don't feel bad if a minion or two don't make it to the party.

Thanks, Jerry!

PS: I loved seeing you nd your daughter in the WIP series before my son and I decided to buy the game. Unboxed it last night and playing it now.

Keep up the great work!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.