Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Nave
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im a bit confused about searching... from my undersdtanding you can search any and every tile to find something, and spend as much time as you want searching each tile. This just doesnt seem correct to me.

Can someone explain this better please?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gjnave wrote:
Im a bit confused about searching... from my undersdtanding you can search any and every tile to find something, and spend as much time as you want searching each tile. This just doesnt seem correct to me.

Can someone explain this better please?

Thanks

You have it right. The limit though is that once you successfully search, that is it for the tile.

Second, you can't quite take as long as you like because once all minions are gone, cheese will start adding to the wheel and you risk a surge, having to fight all over again and closing the chapter out earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Nave
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So EVERY tile has treasure? You could potentially (if you didnt run out of time) get a treasure card for EACH tile?

Thanks btw and Merry Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
And there are taps as well...one of the potential downsides of searching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian ørsøe
Denmark
flag msg tools
yes, each tile. but not each space on that tile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Nave
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wait.. tile meaning "individual game board", and spaces meaning the places on each board that a mouse uses to move inside that tile/board?

This would mean that each "room" has one treasure unless specified otherwise in the rules. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle W.
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Now appearing in Jurassic World! (Not really)
badge
How Me Grimlock get geekgold?
mbmbmbmbmb
gjnave wrote:
wait.. tile meaning "individual game board", and spaces meaning the places on each board that a mouse uses to move inside that tile/board?

This would mean that each "room" has one treasure unless specified otherwise in the rules. Is that correct?
Each side of each game board is one "tile".

Each mouse in your party can successfully search each tile once.

That means if you have four mice, you can collect up to four treasures on each tile.

Limiting this is time (the cheese wheel), and the fact that several cards in the search deck have negative effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One things to think of is that adding even one cheese to the wheel can turn a game. We will almost always push on rather then searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Brackney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
One things to think of is that adding even one cheese to the wheel can turn a game. We will almost always push on rather then searching.

I'm of the same mind. I feel like it's always a race to avoid surges and getting to "the end." The search deck is going almost untouched, which can't be a good thing. Just not sure where the right balance is yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeiram wrote:
youperguy wrote:

I'm of the same mind. I feel like it's always a race to avoid surges and getting to "the end." The search deck is going almost untouched, which can't be a good thing. Just not sure where the right balance is yet.
It is interesting to watch people play. Some folks are so concerned about that cheese, they forget to plan out their searches. When we play, we search all the time and even let a cheese hit the wheel on occasion just so we can get some searches in.

In the future, there will be more search cards added, plus a system for purchasing gear using cheese, and more avenues for crafting items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
Zeiram wrote:
youperguy wrote:

It is interesting to watch people play. Some folks are so concerned about that cheese, they forget to plan out their searches. When we play, we search all the time and even let a cheese hit the wheel on occasion just so we can get some searches in.

In the future, there will be more search cards added, plus a system for purchasing gear using cheese, and more avenues for crafting items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hanft
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Wait really? We've been playing that incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Högquist
Sweden
Hagersten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
Zeiram wrote:
youperguy wrote:

Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prison Mike
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The worst thing about prison was the.... Demontors!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kodab wrote:
Quote:

Wait really? We've been playing that incorrectly.

If you're looking for a reference, it's mentioned on page 4 of the rulebook.

"Note: Do not confuse the term 'tile' with the term 'space'. A tile represents a room: that room is made up of multiple spaces."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meh
United Kingdom
devon
flag msg tools
Unless Michael maybe means that even on a tile flip he was only searching it once perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.